Everybody is busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with everybody mega busy are you seeing rates improve? Is the standard of work improving?

Its nice to see this place busy with people actually working rather than the "Im looking for work" threads that flooded this place :)

Very busy. Working right up to and in between Xmas and New Year. Got work until June ish at the moment.

So so, busy til after Xmas.

Prices have been been ok around South Yorkshire on domestics

just priced 3 houses, and have 24 flats to do, 3/4 rendering jobs to price also so we'll see how we go on those.

been very busy this year and only had 1 week off so I wouldn't mind a slow January, looking forward for to a busy 2015 after a very fu-ckin tough 2014 hence why I went missing all summer.

Last edited:
Loads of work about Dan but rates aint great generaly, have a look at the the 1940s brickie thread you could have bought and paid for your house in them days within a year and we just had a work out in the boozer mid 70s you could buy 90 pints for your days money now its about 35, says it al we wil never be on good money ever again they have had us over.

Been a great year flat out busy.
A few TPF inspired highlights include picking up several decent sized jobs including a 2 new build houses and also a couple of thousand metres of new partition work in the summer. Have met, had a beer with, have worked with and worked for several members of the forum, a couple whom I now have the privilege of calling good friends, and thanks to the forums plastering apprentice section found an absolute diamond in @Tommy5 who was initially going to do the odd weekend but very quickly established himself as a permanent fixture, a better lad I think I'd struggle to find so cheers @Danny and all the forums good guys (you know who you are).

Last edited by a moderator:
A few TPF inspired highlights include picking up several decent sized jobs including a 2 new build houses and also a couple of thousand metres of new partition work in the summer. Have met, had a beer with, have worked with and worked for several members of the forum, a couple whom I now have the privilege of calling good friends, and thanks to the forums plastering apprentice section found an absolute diamond in @Tommy5 who was initially going to do the odd weekend but very quickly established himself as a permanent fixture, a better lad I think I'd struggle to find so cheers @Danny and all the forums good guys (you know who you are).

Cheers mate I'm speechless:)

Mega mega busy us, get what we agree and don't do it for what we think is unfair.

Rates don't seem to have improved. I speak to all the subbie spreads on the sites I work on. Some are getting dreadful rates. The same gaffer can't get men....

I wonder why

cheers scott - you not so bad yourself, perhaps a beer next time we meet up i'll get the first round in :RpS_scared::RpS_thumbsup: not bad for a Yorkshire lol

Ive had feck all since april...strugglin now like, crimbo coming soon tho :RpS_wink:....so ive got the gig as santa at the co-op grotto the week leading up to crimbo:RpS_thumbup:......

tis the season to be silly ...tra la la la la la..la la la:RpS_blink:

Seems to be ok our way work wise,i have enough til feb/march,including some nice redering jobs im looking forward to:RpS_thumbup: long may it continue

Its good to see things have picked up, my mate Jon Smart is flat out til next Wednesday , that's pretty good for him :thumbup:

Graft going well, passed on a canny bit graft to local lads over the past 6 weeks so cant complain, got at least a month into the new year which is unusual.....................probably been my best year.............................:RpS_thumbup:

Thanks mate it's good to work with such a knowledgeable bloke :RpS_thumbsup:

Been busy as **** with the house and work. And works coming in fast for the new year. Happy days.
Had the pleasure of @SpankySouthport work with me and another job booked in for us both in Feb.

Happy days.

Last edited by a moderator:
might get up to xmas with luck , nothing booked in for new year yet , prices still the same , far too many at it around my way for that to change , priced a one off new build last week , all board work and a floor 110 m2 , had a price allready for 3500 labour only , at a 5er a meter on the skimming only i worked it out at just over 4000 lol , like i say joke trade full of idiots .

Same here ,got a hsl after Christmas but that's it ,something always comes in,lets get January out the way then things start looking up mate

Been busy up this way since about May, always seemed to find one big job every month to pay the wages, then filled the month with the smaller jobs. got a fair bit of outside work booked in but not wanting to start that till early spring. Got enough inside work to get me through january. what a difference a year makes, was struggling day to day this time last year. Came off for christmas and don't think anything came in till end of jan/ start of feb. Good luck to everyone for 2015:RpS_thumbsup:

Been flat out all year from about march Evan most weekends working up until now, it's gone a bit quiet got 2-3 small jobs booked in next week and that's all....Hopefully something comes in, as get bored sat at home to long lol...

No doubt will pick up again, a been quite a good year for me, so hopefully be better again next year :)

Glad to see all you boys are busy....This place is mint

Mega busy all year. Supposed to start 2 houses before and just after x mas, both now put back a month so hoping for a couple of small jobs to come up soon :RpS_cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.