Every now and then you get a bit of kit ........

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 23452

....... that you think "why didn't I get one ages ago?" Well this is one such bit of kit, and it might be handy for those of you that do bigger jobs and/or have a load of gear to shift. Carries 365 kilos, so three trips empties a bulk bag, fits through a doorway, and you can get a flat platform for carrying bagged gear as well as the skip that it comes with.

It will drive over almost anything, even up and down steps. No load on your shoulders, no strain on your lower back from pushing, no danger of a face plant when you slip trying to shove it up a plank. (y)
IMG_20191120_143539.jpg

A video of them in action is here

....... that you think "why didn't I get one ages ago?" Well this is one such bit of kit, and it might be handy for those of you that do bigger jobs and/or have a load of gear to shift. Carries 365 kilos, so three trips empties a bulk bag, fits through a doorway, and you can get a flat platform for carrying bagged gear as well as the skip that it comes with.

It will drive over almost anything, even up and down steps. No load on your shoulders, no strain on your lower back from pushing, no danger of a face plant when you slip trying to shove it up a plank. (y)
View attachment 41882

What’s it like troweling up with?

View attachment 41882

Banging big of kit bet it’s pricey tho

£1800 quid?? That’s a lot of labourers wages

I paid £1,100 + VAT. I get the vat back, and in one load it'll carry 3 - 4 barrows of whatever. So if you work on 3:1 in the same time then one man can do in a day what three men can. 2 x labourers wages saved every day you use it.

A week of shifting gear saving £100 a day each will save you £1,000. So the first month of work (even if it's spread over a longer period) and you'll have a £3k profit.

Sounds like a good deal to me?

Then add on the safety and convenience benefits and it makes a lot of sense. It's also one of those things you start to find other uses for as time goes on.

Man after my own heart!

I double mine up when they split!

I hoofed a Gorilla tub in the skip when the bottom got a small split in it, and Lee took it out and taped it over with gaffer tape.

After taking the p1ss I pointed out the tape wouldn't last long "It doesn't need to. I just won't clean it out and the plaster will seal it it."

He's a tight fcuker, but he was also right and still uses it now a year on. :ROFLMAO:

I hoofed a Gorilla tub in the skip when the bottom got a small split in it, and Lee took it out and taped it over with gaffer tape.

After taking the p1ss I pointed out the tape wouldn't last long "It doesn't need to. I just won't clean it out and the plaster will seal it it."

He's a tight fcuker, but he was also right and still uses it now a year on. :ROFLMAO:

Quality!!!

I bought some ratcheting electrical crimped... £8 and wondered why I have not bought them before....

They would be useful on some larger sites,schools etc.
i know one guy uses a trike with small trailer.

I liked the idea that you can get a towbar for it. Ideal for shoving loaded trailers around.

If you have an initial use for one then you'll find a load of other uses for it.

It's compact enough that you could load up with 12 bags of plaster, cement render or whatever and drive it into a van. Get to site and drive it out with the gear still on it.

It seems like a lot of money but when you run the numbers it makes sense. I wish we'd had it on that job in Berkswell for example. It was a long walk from the van to the cottage.

I liked the idea that you can get a towbar for it. Ideal for shoving loaded trailers around.

If you have an initial use for one then you'll find a load of other uses for it.

It's compact enough that you could load up with 12 bags of plaster, cement render or whatever and drive it into a van. Get to site and drive it out with the gear still on it.

It seems like a lot of money but when you run the numbers it makes sense. I wish we'd had it on that job in Berkswell for example. It was a long walk from the van to the cottage.
Next investment “porta potty” (y)

@ Vincey That's bright and gets close to the wall. What make/model and £ ? I'm thinking of something like that as my eyes are getting worse and don't trust seeing the bubble right.

"It's compact enough that you could load up with 12 bags of plaster, cement render or whatever and drive it into a van. Get to site and drive it out with the gear still on it."

So can the fcking thieves. Some sites it'll need a big lock and chain welding on, and don't even think of leaving it in the van overnight. Seen 'em used on some sites around here though and work well.

PMSL :ROFLMAO:

I've just literally done this one an hour ago :D
Be good for another year or two now :cool:

I ain't wasting my precious beer tokens on fcukin buckets for work :risas::birra:

IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG

"It's compact enough that you could load up with 12 bags of plaster, cement render or whatever and drive it into a van. Get to site and drive it out with the gear still on it."

So can the fcking thieves. Some sites it'll need a big lock and chain welding on, and don't even think of leaving it in the van overnight. Seen 'em used on some sites around here though and work well.

I wouldn't dream of working in such a rough location!