european multi finish products

Status
Not open for further replies.

camnz

has anyone worked out in europe and used any gypsum plasters that work as well and trowel up as nice as BG multifinish?apart from knaulf plasters?i worked with a polish bloke that reckond theirs was better

i wouldnt know where to find him i just want to find some plaster i can bring out to australia and british gypsum wont send their gear here :(

camnz

can you not find a merchant in the uk who will send you some by the pallet .....

sure its not going to be cheap though !!

No only used CP2 Fine machined on but that was for something different but i reckon it would be ok, got a couple of ton left over on a job in Cairo if you want to come and get it lol

mate of mine was out in australia spreading. mostly rendering but he did some skimming. ill ring him tomorrow if you want. what part are you needing it as he was all over? remember him saying it set pretty quick though. only comes to mind as i thought they only taped and jointed

camnz

can you not find a merchant in the uk who will send you some by the pallet .....

sure its not going to be cheap though !!

yeah it would be a bit pricey theres a ex pommy over here in sydney i think making a skim even called it multi finish but it goes off quick i did a wall up in darwin it was 5 m2 and was troweled up and set in 45mins by the time i got the first coat on it was ready to top.finishes the same but its hard work.

yeah it would be a bit pricey theres a ex pommy over here in sydney i think making a skim even called it multi finish but it goes off quick i did a wall up in darwin it was 5 m2 and was troweled up and set in 45mins by the time i got the first coat on it was ready to top.finishes the same but its hard work.

Can you not slow the set down with additives

Read a thread awhile ago on here, apparently someone was using a spanish skim plaster called placo finish out there.

Your always goint to be up against it with the heat, Placo finish is alright but in Spain nowadays they seem to be only using one coat machined or hand, put it on a bit thick it gives you the time.

yeah ive tried cream of tarter works for a bit but it starts to peel off when you trowel it up?its over 30deg everyday in darwin ive tried ice cold water too.

Try using it in the mix instead off drinkin it !!! who am i kiddin an ozzy drinking water, think i've had too much sun, on a serious note though, as luc said your always gonna be up against it in them kinda temps

Your always goint to be up against it with the heat, Placo finish is alright but in Spain nowadays they seem to be only using one coat machined or hand, put it on a bit thick it gives you the time.

fair play i was using mp75 in perth for a few months and it stayed wet for alot longer wasnt stinking hot tho winter 25deg lol.i have gotten up early up here and used the oz multi when its 16deg or so still the same and mixed with ice in the water theres 3 brands ive found here and all the same i looked at the conmix stuff might call them

Plas

have a look at this - Knauf MP75 Projection Plaster - Knauf Drywall

where are you based? maybe we can sort out someone to contact you..... even if your in Aus

Scissors that film is the biggest pile of crap ever. I'm not for one minute saying that MP75 isn't faster than F&S but by choosing the slowest messiest plasterers that could be found doesn't make MP75 look good but makes any decent spread watching that vid think that you're trying to pull the wool over their eyes. Also there is no way that the finish is anywhere near a good as can be achieved with F&S.

Your probably right - Plasters are not really my thing.....

There are applications for MP75 - as well as all the other plasters out there....

Is it not all about giving the finish required for the job, at the price that is right?

Your probably right - Plasters are not really my thing.....

There are applications for MP75 - as well as all the other plasters out there....

Is it not all about giving the finish required for the job, at the price that is right?

No argument there mate, just that a more "honest" vid could have made the product more interesting to spreads.

Scissors that film is the biggest pile of crap ever. I'm not for one minute saying that MP75 isn't faster than F&S but by choosing the slowest messiest plasterers that could be found doesn't make MP75 look good but makes any decent spread watching that vid think that you're trying to pull the wool over their eyes. Also there is no way that the finish is anywhere near a good as can be achieved with F&S.[/QUOTEyou just ain't seen it done right Andy you can get just as good a finish as f and s

Scissors that film is the biggest pile of crap ever. I'm not for one minute saying that MP75 isn't faster than F&S but by choosing the slowest messiest plasterers that could be found doesn't make MP75 look good but makes any decent spread watching that vid think that you're trying to pull the wool over their eyes. Also there is no way that the finish is anywhere near a good as can be achieved with F&S.[/QUOTEyou just ain't seen it done right Andy you can get just as good a finish as f and s

I stand corrected. To be fair Gary I've only seen it done by Stu and Paul and even Stu said it wasn't as good a F&S or suitable for domestic housing, so I just took his word for it.
I still think that vids crap. It might have been a bit more realistic if say, you and your mate were on the other end of the wall or perhaps even someone spraying the Hardwall on.

lots of lads was saying same about plastering machines.....Knauf Drywall MP75 Projection Plaster Race - YouTube

if you like skim ok,
I prefer different material, to learn do skim at hight standard it take much longer comparing with sheetrock. I was working with both and prefer sheetrock.
coming back next day to sand is not cost effective if you can keep every one busy..

usually all machines will make a profit if it will be used by right person
Festool PLANEX Drywall Sander - YouTube

I stand corrected. To be fair Gary I've only seen it done by Stu and Paul and even Stu said it wasn't as good a F&S or suitable for domestic housing, so I just took his word for it.
I still think that vids crap. It might have been a bit more realistic if say, you and your mate were on the other end of the wall or perhaps even someone spraying the Hardwall on.

the finish is a bit grittier unless you want to trowel it to death. but if its flat with no holes then its all the same. iv used it on a bit of domestic as well as a fair bit of commercial and once painted ud never know what plaster was used.

Last edited:
we are located on queensland and import USG diamond veneer finish, it is the most user friendly skim for australian conditions. can use over board, render and concrete, dries stark white. we have tried them all and this certainly rates well. drop us a line if you need any. we also import weber monocouche and are starting to use lot it now.

when i was working Germany in the nineties we used maxit inside it was like mp 75 but it seemed to have alot of sand in it but i prefered mp 75 as it was easier to rule.Then we did a job on an architect house , he wanted us to use knauf goldband told us it was better gear and it was lovely stuff , dead creamy , better than any BG finish, the only bad thing was you had to throw it on by hand because it had a setting time of 1 and half hours and they had Knauf Rotband that set even quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.