Estimate on Cost to Plaster a 3 Bed-Semi

Members online

Confused now. The plasterer did check the leak old plaster before replacing the plaster and said no visible signs of any leaks revenrly and washed historical leak by looks of it?
If that stains on new boarded side then it's still leaking . If cracks on joint it could be because of leak

If you've had a leak in the past,it will have wet the existing ceiling.
Now you've had part replaced and restored the lot..then once you've painted the damp stain bleeds through.

This is from another area that wasn't replaced so maybe damp from old leak?

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_103410457.jpg
    IMG_20200514_103410457.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 266
Now you've had part replaced and restored the lot..then once you've painted the damp stain bleeds through.
It's on new side though so must still be leaking. Are there pipes above as not had alot of rain lately

Your best bet is to get some stain blocker over it and then paint over it and see if the stains come back through if they do then you may still have a small leak somewhere my lads ceiling was staining last year I had a problem with the roof I checked all the pipes in the attic and couldn't find anything I went up on the roof and the flashing the back of the chimney was shot once repaired stain blocker it painted and been fine since

Put a couple of small pencil marks on the edge of the stains and wait a few weeks to see if they get bigger then you'll know if you have a live leak, as said above they could be old water stains that you can't get rid of with normal emulsion paint and is showing through.

Was the old cieling lathe , it can withstand small volume leaks

Ceiling has been over boarded he said so surely an old stain won’t get through the board and cause cracking along the join

Ceiling has been over boarded he said so surely an old stain won’t get through the board and cause cracking along the join
Depends on his joist finding technique lol

he may have hacked out middle areas due to cieling creep

Hi, I have been looking everywhere online but am struggling to find prices for work that I need done. I am buying a 3 bed-semi in Greater London and the walls and ceilings all need boarding and plastering. The walls are covered with wallpaper but you can hear and feel that the plaster is not good. I originally thought it would need to be taken back to brick however I have bought in 2 builders who have said that it can be plasterboarded and skimmed.

Can anyone provide me a rough estimate (not exact I understand) of how much it would be to board and skim the walls and ceilings for a 3 bed semi in Greater London (EXCLDUING the kitchen and upstairs bathroom and separate WC). It is roughly around 950 sq/ft
We are on a tight budget so would like to get this done as affordably as possible without getting a cowboy builder obviously. I know it is not cheap but how much I should be looking at I have no idea and it is difficult to find much information online.
M8 Il go up from my 122 a day like Kinkyboy said to. 300 a day as we are in London. Prep average room in day depends on preaping. Skim it out day half say 2 half 3 weeks.

M8 Il go up from my 122 a day like Kinkyboy said to. 300 a day as we are in London. Prep average room in day depends on preaping. Skim it out day half say 2 half 3 weeks.
Your are joking when u say your on £122 a day rnt you? Just abit of bants etc!? Well I hope you are hahaha

NW London. House to move in with the family as we have have been in a small flat until now unfortunately and no space for the kids.
See that's where your parachute regiment comes in handy.

Taking unwanted children since 1942

£10k to plasterboard and skim? Sounds a bit expensive. We are doing a rewire beforehand. Happy with normal plasterboard and no insulation of ceiling if is big difference in cost.
Well you asked and you were told now its time you started talking to the cowboys and we'll talk to you again in a few months when your back complaining about a badly done job .

Hi, I have been looking everywhere online but am struggling to find prices for work that I need done. I am buying a 3 bed-semi in Greater London and the walls and ceilings all need boarding and plastering. The walls are covered with wallpaper but you can hear and feel that the plaster is not good. I originally thought it would need to be taken back to brick however I have bought in 2 builders who have said that it can be plasterboarded and skimmed.

Can anyone provide me a rough estimate (not exact I understand) of how much it would be to board and skim the walls and ceilings for a 3 bed semi in Greater London (EXCLDUING the kitchen and upstairs bathroom and separate WC). It is roughly around 950 sq/ft
We are on a tight budget so would like to get this done as affordably as possible without getting a cowboy builder obviously. I know it is not cheap but how much I should be looking at I have no idea and it is difficult to find much
Is the job still available?
Happy to travel to give you a very cheap price!