errrr... wot?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
id like to see you fit a new central heating system then flush it throw and make shore all the rads work with no leaks
i can fit a boiler too just not the gas and flue

i run a new system back feb 6 new rads all new pipe work fitted a bath and sink singed it all off past a presher test
and power flushed it

so how come you can't skim a wall without covering the windows and floor and leaving fat marks all over the place?

id like to see you fit a new central heating system then flush it throw and make shore all the rads work with no leaks

i run a new system back feb 6 new rads all new pipe work fitted a bath and sink singed it all off past a presher test
and power flushed it
Are you Gas Safe then?? I could do with my boiler servicing, are you up for that???

and power flushed it
So how have you signed this job off then???

spotless mate...

is this marble plastering?

DSC01045.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

i can work on water not gas if you work on gas then you need too be gas safe
think there is a spec that you can work on gas alongside a gas safe work ie on a apprentiship as long as its singed off by them like on site assments
iv worked on boilers along side a plumber that was gas safe fitting new gas pipe too the boiler and had it passed off
if. Wanted too I can go for my c&g 2/3 then my gas safe
but the hands on part is up north based on 11 1 week blocks away from home ans v got a newborn baby and a 3year old too so i cant bee spending 7days way
on the trot
i get by knowing what i know for now its just not the right time at the mo for me too doo it
this is the last lot of pipe work i did alonside a plumber
p8.jpg

p9.jpg

p15.jpg

p4.jpg

p3.jpg

Last edited:
spotless mate...

is this marble plastering?

DSC01045.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

the pic are of a empty pub referb and whats ronge with the lid M8 soo please tell me was i ment too sheet up then :-0
the owner seemed ok with it to me all payed at the end of each week on time the flooring boys are jew soon soo whats the problem

Last edited:
the lid is covered in fat marks pal. you said you were a clean plasterer, no offence but i'd hate to see how much you dropped on a bad day

so if im on site im ment too sheet up am i i can see many plasterers on site sheeting up each day
come on i know the score in theis game stop trying wind me up it wont work no more i know your game
soo lets just leave it at that m8
we all have our own ways of working if it works you you then so be it
lets see some of your pics then m8
but you are right in the fact that the lid has some fat marks on it.
it wasnt one of my best ones but as im doing the mist coat i know that i can make it a 100% job ready for the finish paint:RpS_cool:
no one in the plastering game is 100% perfect all the time

Last edited:
im not saying sheet up everyday, its just that you said you are a clean plasterer and that doesnt look clean to me, thats all.

thats ok m8 thats what a floor scraper and a lab is for dont pay them too play on the phone all day lol
if i take it off him then i know the floor will look like new :RpS_laugh: or ill text is burd and say he isnt coming out too play till its clean
left him on a job once pinched his moped keys
called him up while i was in trade point and said he cant dissapear coz iv got his keys :RpS_thumbup:
so get cleaning ill be back later worked a treat

Im confused with plastering

One post says it ok to fill in slight hollows with fat
Another says is ok to have water marks if its flat and no misses
One uses a sponge and spat
The other uses a trowel and takes the piss out of spongers
One likes plastic the other steel

Does it really matter as long as its ok when painted?

Not argument stating just a genuine question

:RpS_unsure:

the easy answer is no windy.

but to me, i hate seeing water marks on walls, hollows filled with fat etc

exactly windy..... in this case d*m**o is painting it... if it makes it harder for him so be it :_)

however I never use fat to fill in misses.... its just goes powdery when it dries.... I always save gear on me hawk :)

A poor finish ie fat marks and misses can be avoided if the Suction is controlled, then its all down to timing. You dont need a load of water splashed on walls and ceilings if suction is controlled and the timing of the trowelling is right. Too much water = Fat Misses are poor timing/technique. Not rocket science.

hey d*m**o is that a Remeha is see in the pic......apparently they're the underground choice at the mo in combis?? Did loads of research a while back when we needed a new boiler but couldn sell it to the missus god damn it

camt rember m8 we have got two on the site ane in the living quarters and one in the main part liked together
so if theres a problem then you can just stop the feed and return on it and run it off of one till it gets fixed as a back up
the client got them on the cheapo and told us to use them
as the boilers we speced for were just under a grand each

Its funny when things are s**t and prices are low all the cheats come out, when things were good it was only steel trowels, dont get me wrong i have a plastic trowel which i very rarely use and a sponge float for one coat and very ocasionaly for multi if it all goes wrong but come on boys there is nothing hard about skimming, steel trowels have been used since day one so dont try and change tried and tested systems cos rates are s**t change the regime that forces you to work this way to make a few quid, well i get it anyway

thats what we are doing lucius...
if we all stick together and turn out absolute shite for the 1.70 a metre then they might start thinking about upping the prices a bit...
its you f'ckers digging your heels in and steadfastly 2 coating everything that makes em think they can get away with it!!
:RpS_laugh:

only kidding mate... :RpS_thumbup:

thats what we are doing lucius...
if we all stick together and turn out absolute shite for the 1.70 a metre then they might start thinking about upping the prices a bit...
its you f'ckers digging your heels in and steadfastly 2 coating everything that makes em think they can get away with it!!
:RpS_laugh:

only kidding mate... :RpS_thumbup:
Iknow:confused::RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.