erm.... floor screeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
Yo-age.

Friend of mine has asked me how long it takes for a screed to dry out? (I think I've given her the impression I know what I'm talking about somewhere along the way). I did this in college and never since. Said prob 24hours but would check with you guys. I have searched until I felt laziness coming on. Off out will check in later.

Cheers :RpS_thumbup:

Depends on definition of dry, totally dry can take weeks, dry enough to,tile a few days, to lay wooden floors, depends on the moisture reading..

You can use a moisture reader to say whether is dry enough but it depends on so many things, depth ,weather ,temperature, what's underneath,

when you lay a floor screed. you should flood it for the next 10 days, cover it with poly, so that it cures. floor screeds are mixed semi dry therefore ,unless it is flooded the cement does not reach full strenth .it will then dry out at approx 10mm per month

when you lay a floor screed. you should flood it for the next 10 days, cover it with poly, so that it cures. floor screeds are mixed semi dry therefore ,unless it is flooded the cement does not reach full strenth .it will then dry out at approx 10mm per month
We used to throw water over it the next day and the day after only, never knew it was for ten days, some sites would have it tiled within a couple of days.

We used to throw water over it the next day and the day after only, never knew it was for ten days, some sites would have it tiled within a couple of days.

thats how the MoD bankrupts so many contractors, a few days work in colchester garrison would do anyones head in!

Cheers guys. So I was well out then! nee mind. Will let her know what you said and tell her to get someone in. I think she's asking me because her fella prob wants to give it a go himself.

The recognised drying time for screed is 10mm in the first seven days and then 1mm per day after that.

we install Truflow Anhydrate screed, drying time 1mm per day for up to 40mm - however after 7 days you can force dry it if underfloor heating has been installed by putting the heating on - using anhydrate screeds speeds up the whole process compared to traditional screeds - for informatiion Londonscreeding | londonscreeding.co.uk

we install Truflow Anhydrate screed, drying time 1mm per day for up to 40mm - however after 7 days you can force dry it if underfloor heating has been installed by putting the heating on - using anhydrate screeds speeds up the whole process compared to traditional screeds - for informatiion Londonscreeding | londonscreeding.co.uk
Hi, whats the cost compared to normal screed. percentage wise, ps do you do polished concrete per chance..?

its slightly more expensive however the benefits are significant, speed for installation, faster drying time, reduced thickness etc - so i dont think you need to compare the upfront cost - consider the benefits such as you will be able to access the floor quicker, install final floor covering a lot earlier than traditional, reduced risk of cracking etc etc, i have a guy i work with that can do polished concrete.

price all depends on M2 - with flowing screed you can do upto 1500-2000m2 per day

you are welcome to contact me to discuss further ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.