Enough of this bollox

Status
Not open for further replies.

timeservedspread

To all the morons putting up idiotic posts.
If your out there competing against other spreads and doing domestics you shouldn't be asking such amateurish questions?
Again this doesn't look good to potential customers who will gauge a low opinion of plasterers when they view this forum, and there will be loads of em having a look.
It is probably because of the forum and the daft T***s posting silly question that joe public think it's ok to tell us how much they will pay for work.
This forum would be so much better if these types of questions could only be posted in "diy q & a".
The trade is dying on it's feet, just take a look at what site's are offering?
Building boom nationwide but plasterers won't see any rate increase because there is just too many who are willing to work for pennies because they have no respect for a trade they didn't learn correctly?
So please STOP the stupid qustions and use your common sense.

Site work is paying the best rates I've known in 25years absolutely stacked out and earning more then ever.
If your any good at what you do most people are prepared to pay the extra for it.
you'll never stamp out the doley/gumtree ' I'll do it for nowt' brigade, and its just unfortunate that judging by most your bitter posts that most of these must all live in your village, and price in direct competition to you.

You tell em Tss. This place has gone to the dogs..... All these geordie dancers do my head in

what idiotic posts are you on about. the ones by DIY 's like habbers :RpS_confused:

Think you need a circus section for all the clowns on here. Some of you bum bandits will be fighting fir the ring masters job @Olican. Etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we dont need a DIY section, why would a plasterer help someone outwhen they should be paying us to do the job in the 1st place... i think the stupid questions recieve the appropiate replies anyway, bit of a laugh hey...lol

Timeserved you really are a misery guts. Theres so much work about just now and all at great prices but you just keep moaning about the chancers that turn out a crap job for low money. Surely in all of your years of becoming "time served" you've built up a good reputation to keep you busy through good times and bad and pay you the right rates for your experience? Or maybe you think that 30 years of doing the same thing to a mediocre standard means you should be first in the queue for any work in your area? Not saying this is the case, just sumising from your previous posts on here

Timeserved you really are a misery guts. Theres so much work about just now and all at great prices but you just keep moaning about the chancers that turn out a crap job for low money. Surely in all of your years of becoming "time served" you've built up a good reputation to keep you busy through good times and bad and pay you the right rates for your experience? Or maybe you think that 30 years of doing the same thing to a mediocre standard means you should be first in the queue for any work in your area? Not saying this is the case, just sumising from your previous posts on here

well said, that man :RpS_thumbup:

It is busy and we are turning work down now, feast or famine as always, I don't believe anyone on here top class or beginner affects my work load, I believe still that people posting low costs affect peoples perception of how much plasterers should be paid,this busy period should push prices up..

just priced a job tonite, bloke just called to confirm I got it.. its a sat morning job 150... he had a quote for 700..wtf...

A good spread should not worry about the chancers.i probably only get 50% of the jobs i price due to what I charge.im happy with that cos if I got all those jobs I would be to busy to do them.

Same as you John ,i could not give a hoot if someone wants £50 a day ,it does not effect me or my customers ,if your not on repeat business at our age ,we are doing something wrong

Last edited:
... I don't believe anyone on here top class or beginner affects my work load..

bang on. if you're established - like timeservedspread - then a large portion of your work is going to come from referrals or builders or whatever, and they already know you're rate before you even turn up. if you're losing work to somone cheaper start looking at yourself. ffs. whinging ****

A good spread should not worry about the chancers.i probably only get 50% of the jobs i price due to what I charge.im happy with that cos if I got all those jobs I would be to busy to do them.
I hate chancers :RpS_crying::RpS_wink:

just priced a job tonite, bloke just called to confirm I got it.. its a sat morning job 150... he had a quote for 700..wtf...

I was too busy to do it so chucked a big price in. I did reccommend you though.........................:RpS_thumbup:

A customer will only get stung once by a chancer then they will not question your price. There is so much work around at good prices and good plasterer will no worry. It's the climate we live in, people always out for a bargain then there are the people who appreciate a true tradesman and happy to pay.

can you people just stop whinging and ranting at the people that are whinging and ranting on here , if they fancy a whinge and a rant they should be able to , and thats without having to listen and read the crap that you lot whinging and ranting about in your replys about the 1st whinge and rant if you know what i mean .

can you people just stop whinging and ranting at the people that are whinging and ranting on here , if they fancy a whinge and a rant they should be able to , and thats without having to listen and read the crap that you lot whinging and ranting about in your replys about the 1st whinge and rant if you know what i mean .
Far away horses are small

think i just had a small whinge and rant about people on here whinging and ranting about someone whinging and ranting , think ive got away with tho :RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.