Eml fixing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

Alright lads,
I'm looking for some fixings to fit some eml sheets over removed render and cracked brickwork ( not to bad though)
Where do you guys get them from or use? I've called a few people and they don't supply them just clout nails etc.

Cheers in advance

I have a Hilti DX 120 but before that I made washers out of lead, screwed a screw through the washer then screwed into a brown plug.

Plastic mushroom plugs, like the ones for fixing damp membrane...drill hole and hammer them in.(y)

That's what I was after. I was having nightmares about having to have to drill, plug and screw all over. Where do you get them from? I've been looking and can't find them? Unless I'm being stupid - which is prob the case!

That's what I was after. I was having nightmares about having to have to drill, plug and screw all over. Where do you get them from? I've been looking and can't find them? Unless I'm being stupid - which is prob the case!
I get them out of a local merchants because I asked them to get them for me....dont know where you are based? Have you tried the tinternet?

as above with old screw/washer routine, usually get a Labrador in for the day if its a lot metres do do the drilling fixing

Does anyone actually stand eml 6mm of the substrate as I believe it is supposed to be.

Nah...use Riblath it you need that...I don't even bother using it anymore don't see the need with modern basecoats. Plus 'professionals' are now saying that eml expands and contracts causing cracking...probably to shift their basecoats...

Status
Not open for further replies.