Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigsegs

ello then people
Im Chris, sorry about the silly handle just seemed appropriate :D
Been plastering 10 years or so, worked as a window fitter when i started (we thought we invented 1 coat for the brickout french doors! half browning, half multi), then learnt how to plaster properly working for general builders and some site work, then developed my own technique.
Interesting site you got here, I notice theres a lot of people still trying to throw it on in one by reading the posts...hmmm....dont blame the trowel then :-?
I had 1 little board wall to do last week, bout 4 meters with a door in it so i knocked up half a bucket of board, couldnt be arsed to knock up a quarter to top it, had plenty left so i topped it with the same mix and by god what a pain in the butt! Broke my own rules! never again... well maybe, depending on customer ;)
Never used this wickes bond it stuff but by the sound of it im off down there tommorow to get shares in it! anything that you can roll on in one AND ALLOW TO DRY!! has got to be worth a labourers wage just gettin em to pva up...
Now then DAMP PROOFING!!
dunno whether to start a thread on this???
better had...sure you could all do with some target practice ::)
great site keep it up
see you on the board chaps...
Chris

Welcome to forum,

I am glad you are finding some bits handy.

I am starting to do some tanking next week.... mind I am only labouring on it as I have never done it before.

Welcome again

Danny

Cheers Danny,
Its all handy, all of it, when you think we all benefit from differences of opinion, tequnique etc... thats how i learnt in the first place, watching and learning from various other plasterers.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.