electrics

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankk

Taking sockets,switches off the wall.or leave them and just go up to them?
Some times more bother than its worth.
better job tho.

Who would ever not unscrew them. That's not even being lazy, that would be making even more work for yourself not unscrewing them.

Trowelling up a wall once when I kept feeling a vibration of some sort, took me a bit to realise it was when I was trowelling one particular wall, looked behind the socket and a blob of finish was bridging the live and the wall, the whole fecking wall full of skimming was live!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Trowelling up a wall once when I kept feeling a vibration of some sort, took me a bit to realise it was when I was trowel long one particular wall, looked behind the socket and a blob of finish was bridging the live and the wall, the whole fecking wall full of skimming was live!!

I never new that could happen [emoji23] I'm always paranoid about keeping my sockets dry and plaster free... If I can

Sparks told me all the power was off before and all the sockets had loads of cable and I tryed cutting a cable back! BOOOM

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Trowelling up a wall once when I kept feeling a vibration of some sort, took me a bit to realise it was when I was trowelling one particular wall, looked behind the socket and a blob of finish was bridging the live and the wall, the whole fecking wall full of skimming was live!!

Yup that has happened to me a few times

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1447011802.967001.jpg

Cmon own up

Who's selling off there left overs [emoji23][emoji23]

i always remove mostly cos clients want new but even if not ,hate fkin about going round things tape live and put back later. Having said that you can often find the neutral and earth live here too:sorprendido3::reloco:

remove every time,, i dont think i have ever skimmed around a socket in 34 years
Do you tell your insurance that you do that? Mine said I was not allowed to touch electrics... not saying I didn't but they said if I caused any damage I was not insured because I don't have any tickets for electrics

Do you tell your insurance that you do that? Mine said I was not allowed to touch electrics... not saying I didn't but they said if I caused any damage I was not insured because I don't have any tickets for electrics

when i say remove i mean remove cover from wall not remove cover from wires,, although in the past i have remove sockets or light fittings and taped the wires up then put power back on if its needed to do a good job, and im sure i will in the future, what ever it takes to leave a spot on job

@Danny u where talking about a new plasterer a few months back but couldn't say anything. So can you now or did but I missed it.

Never plastered around sockets in my life. Seen it done and looks like a four year old has done it. Unscrew sockets. Pull forward and cover with sandwich bag to protect sockets and switches and connections. Less to clean up too. I'm sure thats how most do it too.

Unscrew socket/switch, pull forward duck tape over terminals masking tape screws to front of socket so you don't loose them, wrap a carrier bag around it all, bit of masking tape wrapped around to hold bag tight. No worries of getting skim or water on it & keeps sockets clean.
Afterwards take bag off & screw back on or tell customer to do it if there's loads :LOL:
I usually start pulling the bags off on last trowel so it's all done at the same time.
Check there's no loose wires before you screw them back or you might be getting a call ;)

Unscrew socket/switch, pull forward duck tape over terminals masking tape screws to front of socket so you don't loose them, wrap a carrier bag around it all, bit of masking tape wrapped around to hold bag tight. No worries of getting skim or water on it & keeps sockets clean.
Afterwards take bag off & screw back on or tell customer to do it if there's loads :LOL:
I usually start pulling the bags off on last trowel so it's all done at the same time.
Check there's no loose wires before you screw them back or you might be getting a call ;)
Alternatively unscrew cut off and throw in corner (y):sisi::coffe:

Status
Not open for further replies.