Electric cable depth regs

Hiya

I am digging my trench for my armoured cable in the lawn and I have had some conflicting information.... currently it is dug to 24 inches but have been told that there is no actual depth on the regs any more just that it has to be suitable for the environment.

I have looked in the regs but struggling to find where it says... does anyone know where to look to get confirmation on it please :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

3 Meters down Danny . .
upload_2017-7-25_20-35-20.jpeg

i would guess that it means place the cable deeper if it is in a position that may be dug i.e. an allotment.
.i have armoured cable running under my grass to my shed about 18 inches down , i know the 2 points that it runs in-between.

I've known it to be 600mm out of Niceic book unless u can cleat to a fence or run long by it

There is no specific regulatory depth in part p. It comes down to common sense. Usually the sparks advise at least 2 spades depth in areas subject to digging. They also advise part back filljng the trench and then placing a warning tape in the trench before completing back filling so if it is dug later they will hit the tape first and be warned... not sure how well that would work with a JCB though.

If it's in an area that won't be dug you can put it in shallower.

I have done rock concerts before where the h and s people suggested running the cables through scaffold tube and digging it in 6 inches.

I've just done this myself and went down 1 bucket depth in a mini digger with a 4 inch bucket so about 18 inches down.

ok Thanks all :D

I will keep it at the depth I have dug then :D
We always dig trench for a new armour going in for mains supply and then it has to be approved by Scottish power or whoever it is in the area we are working in and they always tell us to dig a trench to a meter deep.