Egg shaped cracks

Members online

Bigman123

Hi can you help me. I have a new house which is smooth plastered outside. It was plastered 3 months ago. I have noticed egg shaped cracking has appeared when the wall is wet but when the wall is dry you can not see this. When the cracks appear I tap the walls to see are they bost Happy to say they are not. My plasterer has told me it is drying out hair line cracks. The cracks are not on the outside of plaster if you know what I mean Has anyone come across this or will the cracks come bost in time.

I see it often. Mostly on sand and cement after heavy rain that has soaked the wall.

Usually it is ok, I know of walls that has had this problem for years and still ok. Painting usually gets rid of it.

I see it often. Mostly on sand and cement after heavy rain that has soaked the wall.

Usually it is ok, I know of walls that has had this problem for years and still ok. Painting usually gets rid of it.
Thanks for your help. I have seen it also on some scratch walls especially on the outside . When he wets the walls just before the floating is put on

sounds like crazing to me
Thanks. Can you tell if I was to paint the walls or will I still see the crazing ? Bear in mind the crazing is all over the outside of my house. As I said in an earlier post, you can only see the crazing when the walls are wet but when you tap the crazing, it is solid on the wall. Can you or anyone else tell me will the crazing crack and fall off? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks. Can you tell if I was to paint the walls or will I still see the crazing ? Bear in mind the crazing is all over the outside of my house. As I said in an earlier post, you can only see the crazing when the walls are wet but when you tap the crazing, it is solid on the wall. Can you or anyone else tell me will the crazing crack and fall off? Any help is much appreciated.

If it sounds solid you should be OK.
There are plenty of paints that will cover the cracks. Look for 'high build' masonry paint.

Thanks lads.
The the house was plastered in November and December. I know the plaster put some kill-jack in the sand and cement to keep the frost away and to make it go off a bit quicker. He has cut off some of the plaster that was hollow, he was going to cut this out and try to patch it in but I was not happy with that. He now has cut off all the wall. I am afraid to let him plaster the rest of the wells in case it goes hollow again. He has scudded the wall with 2 to 1 sand and cement. He has scratched the wall with 3 to 1. He has told me now that he is going to mix the floating coat at 5 buckets of sand to 1 bucket of cement. Would I be right in thinking this is the right way? Should I get him to paint some attecive on the wall before he float s or? Would this stop it from going hallow? Once again any help would be appreciated.