ecoCORK

Members online

JessThePlasterer

Queen Jess Elizabeth I
Anyone used this?

Got a message from a bloke wanting a bedroom done with it. I’d never heard of it. Sounds like limelite if that wasn’t actually cement based?

Thanks

Iv seen it done last week on a village hall, 100mm cork fixed with mushroom fixings then float and set with some lime based gear fully meshed
From what I googled it looked like a backing and top coat (hesitate to say skim) with the internal stuff? Was that the external you’re talking about? Thanks love

SECIL-ecoCORK-Lime-1024x1024.jpg
this what you mean Jess?

It's insulating render lime not cement! Nice to use
Yes sorry that’s what I meant. I thought it was kind of like limelite only limelite is cement based.

Thanks, nice to know it’s good to use. I’m not sure I fancy the job as he has all the mats apparently etc and I tend to think those people are a nightmare and he messaged whilst I was away wanting it done pronto blah blah

We got a job lined up for it soon ..
Customer wanted added Insulation value rather than a sand nhl lime mix...

..going to apply a lime finish over it...

Anyone used this?

Got a message from a bloke wanting a bedroom done with it. I’d never heard of it. Sounds like limelite if that wasn’t actually cement based?

Thanks
Yes used it a fair bit. Really nice stuff to work with, the render floats up really well and the top skim needs an orange sponge float. Not very durable though, will scuff badly if hit with a barrow etc. Talk to Mike Wye and associates for more info

Yes used it a fair bit. Really nice stuff to work with, the render floats up really well and the top skim needs an orange sponge float. Not very durable though, will scuff badly if hit with a barrow etc. Talk to Mike Wye and associates for more info
Thanks bud! Welcome along

What does he want you to plaster onto? Is is bare brick or existing lime/ gypsum plaster?
No idea! I was in France when he left a message. By the time I got the message I reckon he found someone and he wanted it doing immediately. Just posted here because I’d not heard of the stuff before

Anyone used this?

Thanks

Used loads Jess, really lightweight like shaving foam....you hardly know it's on your hawk. Problem with this stuff is impact resistance...it gets damaged easily...but ok once you have put nhl or lime putty finish coat on.

Rep advised us to use AC20 throughout and it's dogshite
Can't control the suction whatever we do. Soaked one wall for a full day and it still cracked like fook to the point of falling off.
Used the Bauer primer on another wall. Cracked like fook to the point of falling of.

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.