Eco funding Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Hi guys.

I recently priced a large private house which the guy is currently having a full refirb on new layout internally, kitchens etc.
I rang him last night for him to tell me that the job I had priced for £20k he could get done from a local firm for £11k because he was eligible for Eco funding.

How can this be possible when the guy earns a fortune and is on no benefits whatsoever.

Does this mean the days of the smaller outfits like myself fitting EWI are over?

Perhaps someone on the know can set me straight here.

Thank you

Hi rich, i got your Ritmo l from you last year give me a bell may be able to help out. Have you still got my number? Cheers

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Is it not added to his bill and he pays it back monthly, the theory is that his monthly bills are cheaper because of the insulation and it's a win win situation " in theory"

ECO funding is available to any one, the level of funding available is based on the carbon saving of the installed measure , this is determined via an EPC (with a green deal report, or surveyors report with a CSV file att ) this can provide significant funding towards the measure , EWI, IWI, Loft insulation etc. Any yearly savings on energy bills are retained by the householder, unlike green deal where the savings are retained by the energy companies to pay for the measure installed, hence why green deal has been avoided so far. There are other types of funding ie Cisco, Rural cissco, hhcro etc all very confusing and I'm still getting my head round it all, we could spend weeks discussing this stuff , my heads spinning now ! Basically if your pas compliant, accredited you can go to a funder/providor for the relevant funding for the relevant measures / schemes , yep I know clear as mud

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Did you copy and paste that from the eco report paul!

Being office based teaches you bigwords eh!

The fella getting part funding then. Prob gas fueled

So you get pas2030, get a house that needs ewi, get a green deal report done, then get 9k grant off the a provider to top up the 11k to make it 20k? Are the providers not tided into installers?

Are there umbreller companies that we as non pas2030 installers could go to? If we are NVQ2 qualified? Someone else does all the paperwork and gets a cut of the funding?

Did you copy and paste that from the eco report paul!

Being office based teaches you bigwords eh!

The fella getting part funding then. Prob gas fueled

All electric , then coal, oil n gas are the biggest carbon producers respectively so pay out bigger dividends respectively , and rural pay even more especially on certain benefits under the rural ciscco scheme , not fully clued up , but I think that's how it goes

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

So you get pas2030, get a house that needs ewi, get a green deal report done, then get 9k grant off the a provider to top up the 11k to make it 20k? Are the providers not tided into installers?

The company I'm with are a provider as well as installers for EWI, IWI, Boiler schemes etc

Are there umbreller companies that we as non pas2030 installers could go to? If we are NVQ2 qualified? Someone else does all the paperwork and gets a cut of the funding?

Not sure mate, but I'm sure there is possibly a way ;)

So if you price a job like Browno has and for eg know a PAS firm who agree to request funding for your job, will the provider demand more quotations for the job I.E like insurance wanting 3 quotes or can you simply crack on.

So if you price a job like Browno has and for eg know a PAS firm who agree to request funding for your job, will the provider demand more quotations for the job I.E like insurance wanting 3 quotes or can you simply crack on.

That would depend on your provider/pas installer, if say Mr Brown came to us with a nice big job , we would determine the level of funding available tell him what it is and probs agree a margin for us and if he wins the job were all happy , in theory he could ask the house holder for whatever contribution he wants . The figures quoted on the green deal report determine the level of the green deal loan (if the householder goes this route) you can not get a loan for the measure to be installed if it exceeds the amount saved through carbon saving , although the householder can contribute personally if the cost of the works exceed the level of loan available.

Do not get confused between green deal and any of the other schemes available,

still none the wiser because you sound like a politician and my mind drifted. Speak like a plasterer or home owner. Tell me what rBrownos options are and how he would go about obtaining funding for this job he priced . Say he rang you up and said lets have a deal

Then he would need to ring me up ! don't want to discuss finances on the forum , energy companies, Offgem , big brother n all that , but there are possible options

so in short if i go to see render jobs and think we could use EWI instead i could ring you who in turn will put the wheels in motion toward my customer getting some £££ towards the bill. and will that work in wales

If your a JUB approved applicator like myself you can manage to get hold of ECO funding as they are pas 2030 compliant and you can do the job under them as long as you have a NVQ, here is how it works:

Mrs brown contacts you and she wants a quote for EWI
You go and quote and explain ECO funding is available if she has a solid wall constructed property
Work out quote and post to Mrs Brown (say it costs 10k)
Arrange a EPC to be done on Mrs Browns house ( cost roughly £50-£70)
Forward EPC and Full quote to JUB
JUB find out funding available and inform Mrs Brown ( lets say £4k)
Mrs Brown agrees to Job, On Completion she pays the remaining £6k and you get the rest paid by JUB (Minus Material cost)

Amount of Funding depends on EPC report, but you can get upto 50% of total cost of job.

In the next couple of weeks Im about to do my first job through this system, Ive already done a EPC on my own property to see if I could get funding a couple of weeks ago and JUB got back to me with a amount of funding I would receive, I only done this as a trail before I went to customers, so I knew that I could get the funding.

Ian the funding will be now good to you in Wales mate, jub dont do pebble dash finish yet ! ;-)

And Jub will put it through a GDP ;)

If your a JUB approved applicator like myself you can manage to get hold of ECO funding as they are pas 2030 compliant and you can do the job under them as long as you have a NVQ, here is how it works:

You go and quote and explain ECO funding is available if she has a solid wall constructed property
Mrs Brown agrees to Job, On Completion she pays the remaining £6k and you get the rest paid by JUB (Minus Material cost)

Amount of Funding depends on EPC report, but you can get upto 50% of total cost of job.

In the next couple of weeks Im about to do my first job through this system, Ive already done a EPC on my own property to see if I could get funding a couple of weeks ago and JUB got back to me with a amount of funding I would receive, I only done this as a trail before I went to customers, so I knew that I could get the funding.

Ian the funding will be now good to you in Wales mate, jub dont do pebble dash finish yet ! ;-)

Lovely Jubbly

I get offered work every week from firms who are pas or involved with funding because we are all nvq d up but they all offer the same rate and I have no say in the price and by the way they offer me less for the job than I actually pau the lads per m

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

The Good thing with Jub is I will get all the money I quote the job for, minus material costs, jub benefits as they are selling more materials as all my EWI jobs will now be done with Jub materials, everyone is a winner !

How will this work under the new qnaw card scheme.
I am currently training individuals so they can get the card.
As far as I am aware under this scheme the installer needs the qnaw and to get it you first need pas as an installer?

Paul maybe you can sged some light on qnaw or qanw whatever its going to be called

As far as I am aware under this scheme the installer needs the qnaw and to get it you first need pas as an installer?

Paul maybe you can sged some light on qnaw or qanw whatever its going to be called

If its what I think you mean , its Technical systems and Process Training , ie providing goals and creating context, focusing learners on what they can do better, and self improvement, Show how a certain process can bring about improvement , focusing on key tasks rather than speed of implementation, in depth demonstrations of specific key tasks in various scenarios . It's the same old story though , teaching in a controlled environment and as soon as scenario on site arises that has not be addressed in a training environment it all goes out the window.
John I think we both know , we could spend months debating the shortfalls in the industry, I am having to deal with some major issues on site regarding contractors and quality of work (who I might add have numerous wails and accreditations) .

More money to spend. As if pas and nvq isnt enough

Next year youl need an oxford degree

So I phoned up wetherbys today and asked about the idea of gaining funding for the customer through them and they said it's not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.