Easi-FIll vs Toupret vs Lightweight Filler vs Generic Pollyfilla

Members online

LarryTheDecorator

Evening all

As I'm sanding and filling in gaps in my walls (been woodchip removing) I wondered what you professionals use, and why? I have no experience on what is best product, only what previous grafters have told me :inocente:

At the moment I'm whipping up Toupret, letting it set overnight and sand to a perfect finish (I'm painting my walls), of course the setting time to properly cure is lengthy, which is't on my side :frenetico:

Also, do you guys (and ladies!) know of any powered equivalent lightweight filler? I'm getting fed up of buying tubs of air when I could be mixing it up myself :rolleyes:

Thankyou for any advice you have (y)

Remove woodchip. Sand walls to get paste and bits off. Apply gardz to neutralise paste. Use ready mixed filler or powdered equipment like the makegood brand from B&Q. Vacuum sand using mirka mesh 120 grade using a sander fixed to a vacuum. Orbital diy sander and Henry vac as example. Buy some acrylic primer undercoat that's cheap and coat walls to prime. Emulsion.

Remove woodchip. Sand walls to get paste and bits off. Apply gardz to neutralise paste. Use ready mixed filler or powdered equipment like the makegood brand from B&Q. Vacuum sand using mirka mesh 120 grade using a sander fixed to a vacuum. Orbital diy sander and Henry vac as example. Buy some acrylic primer undercoat that's cheap and coat walls to prime. Emulsion.
What's gardz. I pva a wall at 7am other day . Skimmed it at 2pm. Had a mare . Hung for ages then just went . Took 4 hours . Imo it was either the paste that was on wall or the plaster which was dated 9 2018. Didn't relise till it was on wall

What's gardz. I pva a wall at 7am other day . Skimmed it at 2pm. Had a mare . Hung for ages then just went . Took 4 hours . Imo it was either the paste that was on wall or the plaster which was dated 9 2018. Didn't relise till it was on wall

Cocktail pva or you use decent one

Use whatever gets fetched. I two coated it as well

I swore by super pva unibond but think I was the only mug buying it as expensive. Never had an issue with it tho.

Been trying few different brands lately and find the cheaper ones hang like f**k. Latest one I’m trying is light blue bottle bondit one from selco as someone suggested here. Seems decent

I swore by super pva unibond but think I was the only mug buying it as expensive. Never had an issue with it tho.

Been trying few different brands lately and find the cheaper ones hang like f**k. Latest one I’m trying is light blue bottle bondit one from selco as someone suggested here. Seems decent

I think it was the old wall paper paste

The walls arn't too bad, the decorating in this house is a nitemare, we've got thin cracks where the house was settling, not enough to plaster, not enough to ignore either, I've got cracks around the door frames I've plastered with @JessThePlasterer giving me advice, they've come out really well

Doesn't help I have OCD with quality

Just skim wall after mate your skimmings getting better?

The walls arn't too bad, the decorating in this house is a nitemare, we've got thin cracks where the house was settling, not enough to plaster, not enough to ignore either, I've got cracks around the door frames I've plastered with @JessThePlasterer giving me advice, they've come out really well

Doesn't help I have OCD with quality

Be quicker to skim than faff filling but whatever works best for your situation

Ready for this...

Paint on paint, on woodchip, on paint, on vinyl, on paint, on more wallpaper, on paint

Like seriously, what lazy buggers do that, they arn't decorators at all.

I've gone though every inch with my orb sander on 80 grit blasting the ***** back to the very last paint job, all looking good ready for the undercoat (using wickes trade emulsion, really nice to use and goes far)

It is very decent

Evening all

As I'm sanding and filling in gaps in my walls (been woodchip removing) I wondered what you professionals use, and why? I have no experience on what is best product, only what previous grafters have told me :inocente:

At the moment I'm whipping up Toupret, letting it set overnight and sand to a perfect finish (I'm painting my walls), of course the setting time to properly cure is lengthy, which is't on my side :frenetico:

Also, do you guys (and ladies!) know of any powered equivalent lightweight filler? I'm getting fed up of buying tubs of air when I could be mixing it up myself :rolleyes:

Thankyou for any advice you have (y)
If you've got a fair bit to do I believe BG still make a product called Quicksand. Similar to Easifil but even easier to sand down.

If he got a lot to do they also got summet called finish
Yes but it can be a lot quicker to do with filler.
My in-laws wanted me to reskim their dining room some years ago, trouble was I was flat out on site and trying to meet deadlines.
So Monday evening I spent about an hour whizzing filler all round the room and then me and the father-in-law went for a game of snooker. Wednesday evening took about an hour and a half flying round with the hand sander and then off for more snooker.
They ended up with a perfect surface for painting right round their 20x12 dining room and it cost me less than three hours work and obviously didn't charge them a penny.
Wouldn't do that with finish.

My in-laws wanted me to reskim their dining room some years ago, trouble was I was flat out on site and trying to meet deadlines.
So Monday evening I spent about an hour whizzing filler all round the room and then me and the father-in-law went for a game of snooker. Wednesday evening took about an hour and a half flying round with the hand sander and then off for more snooker.
They ended up with a perfect surface for painting right round their 20x12 dining room and it cost me less than three hours work and obviously didn't charge them a penny.
Personally I don't think you can Make a really bad wall good with just filler

What's the texture of that like Danny? Have you got any alternatives to the expensive lightweight stuff for touchups?

Was working until 11 last night filling in fine board cracks in the ceiling with painters mate sanding it down ready for today :endesacuerdo:

Easi fill 20 for me :D

Easy to mix and to sand :D

And that’s after he skimmed it