Earthtone pigments

jjboudreau19

I'm trying to replicate a brown plaster from this image that I found online. I have found a few websites that carry some nice earthtone pigments but they only have images of the powered pigment and no images of a plastered surface containing the pigments. I don't want to have to buy $100's of dollars worth of different pigments and then have to experiment to get the results im looking for so I'm hoping someone on here can point me to some that would get me in the ball park of what I'm hoping to achieve.

I'm mostly concerned with the color of the upper portion of the wall but would also like to get some advice for the bottom bit as well..It is going to be used to color an exterior lime plaster.

Thanks,

Justin

a47b706b3ca0cb327089fa60671917eb.jpg

I'm trying to replicate a brown plaster from this image that I found online. I have found a few websites that carry some nice earthtone pigments but they only have images of the powered pigment and no images of a plastered surface containing the pigments. I don't want to have to buy $100's of dollars worth of different pigments and then have to experiment to get the results im looking for so I'm hoping someone on here can point me to some that would get me in the ball park of what I'm hoping to achieve.

I'm mostly concerned with the color of the upper portion of the wall but would also like to get some advice for the bottom bit as well..It is going to be used to color an exterior lime plaster.

Thanks,

Justin

View attachment 50143

Best advice I could offer would be look at a earth tone colour chart and choose one you like. The colour of the building you are trying to copy would be very difficult to replicate without knowing exactly what materials where used.

you will also need to be very precise when mixing your materials so, each mix should have exactly the same ratios by weight on dry materials and by volume on water. If you do not mix materials this way you will have a patch work of various shades when it dries out.

Personally if I could not buy a pre mixed coloured material i would be looking at a lime based paint to achieve the desired colour.