eagle grip straight edge

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
iv been using feather edges for years, am going to buy a couple of h sections. just seen the new refina eagle grip edges. has anyone tried them? are they better or wrose than the h sections?

cheers

Eagle_grip_feather_edges.html

keel had a very similar one last time i was in slightly more oval than round like that one with yellow end caps much cheaper too i suppose. I held it mate but didnt see any gain on the h ones

fella i used to work with insisted on doin all the spraying so i was left to bag and rule , when we done big sprays the back of my hands got cramp badly for hours afterwards using normal h rules ,i guess these would be more comfortable!

The eagle grips take some getting use to and if you get greedy ruling off there a pain to scrape off we first made a little bat to the shape of the rule to clean hard wall off after ruling. After couple weeks went back to h section and them lovely rules you can bend on price.

Look strange, probably take some getting used to and I doubt that blade wouldn't take much damaging tbh.

I just use one like this..
faithfull-feather-edge-2.1m-7ft--22886-p.jpg

Use it for ruling off and falttening (along with a darby) and also for straightening board when dotting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.