Dutch Pinns

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJM lime

Any one used these pins for holding up you straight edge they go stright in to the mortar and hold it great. Worked rendering in australia on the year thing and used them there.
and they used a lary to mix with any one seen one of those around.

ive got dutch pins they are good for holding straight edged in place just tap em into mortar then they release dead easy when done save an extra set of hands

are we talking about using masonary nails to temporarily tw@t a batten onto a corner or even to use as a screed top rule off? then tease em off when its pulled in?

so come on smarty pants are we talking about 60mm masonary nails or what? ... kin 'dutch pins'...
be callin a trowel a 'float' next...

look a bit like line pines with a handle?
do you smack em it at the side of a batten and the 'handle' clamps the batten?
or do you just smack em in a mortar joint and the 'handle' makes em quick release? and is what makes em different from line pins?

Imagine yer mate is holding a straight edge on a corner for you. He drops down dead - like they do - so you need something to replace his thumbs........dutch pins! :RpS_thumbsup:

that's really useful. been struggling to do chimney breast corners on me own with a straight edge and a trowel!

nice one!

would you use them now mr render, I suppose you first have to get a firm fixing into a morter bed.

I'll come clean Chris. It's something my ol' grandad used to say. He did talk some sh-it though. (Bog rest his soul)

ask my old granddad owt and you got the same answer everytime, no matter what the question was...
3 foot 6...
he were a binman...
f'cked if i know either? :RpS_unsure:

used them also in germany for setting the running rule for an insitu external cornice great brought 50 back!! use them to set the battens to sit my bellcasts on quick and always spot on

Ive been using them since 1978 when i first came across them in Holland i honestly cant believe some of you have never heard of the its a a standard part of kit for a plasterer especialy if you are doing sand and cement, larries are used widely in Eastern and Southern Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.