Dust sheets

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigfella

Alright lads/lasses I'm after some more dust sheets anyone know the best place to them ? hate getting from builders merchant as there a fortune ?

we use the canvas ones from ebay about £110 for ten. cotton dust sheets are useless as they do not even stop dust.

have a look on ebay. i got five plastic backed twill sheets and two stair runners for forty odd quid delivered a few weeks back. superb. they're a bit mouldy now and smell like soil but thats because they got wet. if you want some lightweight ones to go over furniture etc go to home and bargain. 3 metre square for £1.62 each. they do two micowaveable rice for a quid as well. they had them in aldi the other week as well.

I tried the plastic backed ones, thght they were **** tho, the dust gets trapped between the plastic + the dustsheet, makes more mess than it saves, now jus put plastic down then sheets on top of that.

Tarps are the way forward Imo. Cheap. Waterproof. Can hose them down when dirty or shake them and the bits fall off

Tarps are the way forward Imo. Cheap. Waterproof. Can hose them down when dirty or shake them and the bits fall off

I was slow to get on with tarps but the best thing ever :)

Dust sheets just seem to hold the dust in :-(

Exactly. Staple tarps down and you can use stilts etc easily. Tool station are by far the cheapest

Yeah I mainly use tarps now, get them cheap enough in B&M and like people have said they hide down and wash off easily, never stapled them down tho, might try that

Ye use the carpet protectors when the price can justify them or use these around the perimeter of the room and sheets in the middle

Use the customers bedding and towels curtains etc?? Let them deal with any "soiled" items !?? :RpS_thumbup:

Polythene sheets from wickes £12 for ten they do not tear real good quality, when your done straight in the bin happy days, sod carrying around dirty old sheets.

Ye use the carpet protectors when the price can justify them or use these around the perimeter of the room and sheets in the middle

£20.00 extra on the price, guaranteed no damage, plus they get dust sheets there ready for the painters/themselves... Don't knock it until you've tried it! I have had 3 plasterers (Good 'uns from Berkshire to Chesterfield) who couldn't get over them...

Windy, have you tried them? ---- Be honest! -- try it then decry it... Its bloody good, especially for messy plasterers/ painters!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

£20.00 extra on the price, guaranteed no damage, plus they get dust sheets there ready for the painters/themselves... Don't knock it until you've tried it! I have had 3 plasterers (Good 'uns from Berkshire to Chesterfield) who couldn't get over them...

Windy, have you tried them? ---- Be honest! -- try it then decry it... Its bloody good, especially for messy plasterers/ painters!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

If you read my post properly you would see I said I use them all the time.. But if your on a keen price you can't justify them sometimes

Roly strolly is good...always got a few rolls in the van, carpet and hard surface. ..polythene and tape etc:RpS_thumbup:

keep it clean.......and charge accordingly:RpS_wink:

that black dpm stuff is good too

And as for worrying about the painter and covering the floor does he worry and prep the floor for me ? No way hosee

Dustsheets? Tarps? :RpS_laugh:
WTF you lot on about? :RpS_lol:
I ain't got time for that nonsense just get it on ffs :RpS_thumbsup:

Just skimmed two lids in a proper shitty house.. Amazing how some people live.. Repeat customer tho asked us to price bathroom fit on way out

Status
Not open for further replies.