Duraline boards

moy83

Anyone skimmed over them ? I have two pretty big ceilings to do with them next week and wondering do they pull in any faster than fire or sound slabs . I've never used them before so any advice welcome thanks

Anyone skimmed over them ? I have two pretty big ceilings to do with them next week and wondering do they pull in any faster than fire or sound slabs . I've never used them before so any advice welcome thanks

about the same as soundbloc.

Your supposed to use dura-finish, if dura boards are being used there being used for a reason like high traffic zones ie school corridors classrooms where there's high risk of damage, I used it a few years back you can get mega sets on with it but doesn't leave the same finish as multi or board, check your specification sheet to see what's supposed to be used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duraline boards are fine being skimmed with multi or board the same as hardwall and toughcoat are.
bgs spec will also include jointing them as an acceptable finish.

Duraline on the ceiling is new to me. You expecting heavy traffic on the ceiling.
Its the ceiling of a school gym thats about 40' high and I think the engineer wants to be extra careful because bits of the old one fell down when they got damp and balls hit them

duraline boards are fine being skimmed with multi or board the same as hardwall and toughcoat are.
bgs spec will also include jointing them as an acceptable finish.
The engineer just told us today that he wants a taped finish instead of skim actually .
Taping is something I've done very little of but I'll have the hang of it by the time I get this one finished

Skimmed the two ceilings today , I didn't tape them cos they were being patched in and bits of them needed 20mm of bonding to meet the rounds of the other ceiling and the timbers were equally bad where they were meeting the walls .
It wasnt slow but no worse than fire or sound boards , thanks for the advice lads