Durafinish

Members online

voodoocars

Got a job to do on Monday using durafinish. Has anyone used it and if so is it any different than laying on multi? It straight over new plasterboard and a bit on a painted wall. The customer wants a cement looking finish with no paint on the walls...

Tight first coat , only thing I found was try not to leave any lines in first coat mate as when laying in second coat of lines in first have hardened up they impossible to flatten down because the gear is so hard
Besides that lovely material to use/trowel up
Read back of the bag to I’m sure suppose to leave it in bucket for a while or remix after first initial mix up or something, it’s been a while since I used so can’t remember tbh

Mix up your scratch coat a bit thinner, more like your laying in coat and then let it stand for 5 minutes before you knock it up again. When you scratch it on make sure you flatten it off really well, like you would when you start trowelling up normally. For laying in make sure you mix it the same and when trowelling up use little or no water.
If you want me to talk you through it drop me a DM with your number

Thanks. Yes - it dries grey apparently and that's the finish he wants.. Fortunately it's my next door neighbour and mate so it's a bit experimental. The commute is really going to get to me..

Mix up your scratch coat a bit thinner, more like your laying in coat and then let it stand for 5 minutes before you knock it up again. When you scratch it on make sure you flatten it off really well, like you would when you start trowelling up normally. For laying in make sure you mix it the same and when trowelling up use little or no water.
If you want me to talk you through it drop me a DM with your number

So Mr BG please talk us all through how to use multi & board finish?????

As I sure as he'll don't know what to do half of the time anymore????

So Mr BG please talk us all through how to use multi & board finish?????

As I sure as he'll don't know what to do half of the time anymore????
More than happy to come and see you or get one of the other lads to, depending on your location. Send me a message with your contact details and location so I can set it up.

Last edited:
More than happy to come and see you or get one of the other lads to, depending on your location. Send me a message with your contact details and location so I can set it up.

Don't be silly you have an audience of an open forum with thousands of potential viewers!

Here's your chance educate us!

No point coming to see a gang of 3 northern lads whilst grafting to give us your politician bollox as I guarantee it wont end well!

Shoot go for it what's so difficult?

Myself & @vfr12 have just given advise to @lurpak on how best to use a sponge float on finish!

@zombie the offer is there

With the greatest of respect it's not an offer it's an insult!

I'm the youngest of a 3 gang with 25 years under my belt other blokes 30+ years.

We screed, sand & cement, mono, silicone, dash, mf, board, float, damp work, skim.

We work on commercial, new builds, domestic.

Who the fook is going to educate us that have done it everyday since leaving school and are now in late 40s & 50s!

As said the conversation would last 2 minutes be heated and embarrassing so once again please feel free to educate the masses???

I'm the youngest of a 3 gang with 25 years under my belt other blokes 30+ years.

We screed, sand & cement, mono, silicone, dash, mf, board, float, damp work, skim.

Who the fook is going to educate us that have done it everyday since leaving school and are now in late 40s & 50s!

As said the conversation would last 2 minutes be heated and embarrassing so once again please feel free to educate the masses???

Savage

The masses can't be educated cos they don't have access to the private club:fuckyou:
And I think we should keep it that way :sisi:

1st coat Lay it flat..flatten it and clean an sort the edges...after that same as you finish...easy

Yeah did it today. Funny stuff but not as bad as that Vitcas shite..
It actually looked all "industrial" and they were chuffed with it anyway.