Durafinish

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.beaumont

What peoples thought on this? been using it lately on school projects seems to hang about and no good for thick frames seems to go bubbly and tear. only way round it is caulking out first. It says on bags to keep to 2mm thickness you try keeping that tight on some subbies tacking!!! The tighter the better with it.

never tried it but it prolly shrinks like nothing on earth hence the 2mm thing...
cant see the point of it myself? whats it like when its dry?
have you tried a sponge float? :RpS_laugh:

its suppose to be higher impact resistance than multi or board. you have to get on dead flat to or its a nightmare big trowels are best i used a 20" tyo get it on flat. then pressed it in sponged it two more trowels with no water then a polish with my plastic trowel gave it a finish but not as good as board or multi. Seems dusty when dry.

betcha the dust is down to the sponge... could be wrong though.. usually am.. :RpS_laugh:

is it deffinitly a plaster that needs troweling up its not a dry lining product is it that they full board cover and possibly done in 2 or 3 coats

not saying it is just a thought

Got the BG bloke coming down Monday , hes bringing a bag of this with him , he said to give it a try , interesting what you lads are saying

Blade

speaking to our surveyor he said more contractors are requesting this finish, no its full board coverage also will go on hard wall. its heavier and sticker than normal setting.
dont get me wrong its usable just seeing what other spreads think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.