Dura finish tips

I've used Durafinish quite a bit. On small walls it's OK as the second coat needs to go on almost straight after the first. You have to trowel it as level and flat as possible cause its a pig to get lines out later. It can be sponged in small areas but go gently or it just drags.
I did my neighbours with the stuff as they wanted an 'urban concrete' (she is a designer don't ask) look to the place.. Ive seen it now its all done and it does look like smooth cement on the walls as they havnt painted it. One of the walls I did was 12m long and 3m high which I did with one coat.. Nelaflex and sponge came in handy then..

I've used Durafinish quite a bit. On small walls it's OK as the second coat needs to go on almost straight after the first. You have to trowel it as level and flat as possible cause its a pig to get lines out later. It can be sponged in small areas but go gently or it just drags.
I did my neighbours with the stuff as they wanted an 'urban concrete' (she is a designer don't ask) look to the place.. Ive seen it now its all done and it does look like smooth cement on the walls as they havnt painted it. One of the walls I did was 12m long and 3m high which I did with one coat.. Nelaflex and sponge came in handy then..

yeah the walls are 7 meters by 3 meters.

are you speed skimming the first coat ana knocking up second coat instantly or can you one two it with same gear ??

cheers

When you knock DuraFinish up make sure you let it stand for 5 minutes then knock it up again, this gives the polymers time to absorb the water.
Scratch the 1st coat and flatten it down really well, any trowel lines left in will bleed through. Allow the scratch coat to pull in before you lay it down.
Lay in with fresh material & flatten off a bit early taking care to remove any trowel lines.
When trowelling up use as little water as possible, using too much water will cause it to tear.

I didn't speed skim it I just used my nela to get it as flat as possible on the first coat. On the big wall I was gonna 2nd coat it but I would have been chasing my tail so I made sure the first coat was flat and smooth. Any irregular bits I either troweled out or gentle sponge / brushed until it was ok. I was a bit concerned at the time in case I got a complaint but I was in the house at crimbo (I plastered it nearly a year ago) and I had a good inspection of the walls and they are all good - even with no paint on.

These are the boards we will be using the dura finish on..

Attachments

• C515D602-547E-4163-861D-B01EC388DF9B.jpeg
    C515D602-547E-4163-861D-B01EC388DF9B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 157
  • 19F10DB3-FD9D-4854-B52B-494059003689.jpeg
    19F10DB3-FD9D-4854-B52B-494059003689.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 188