dubbing our

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OVERSKIM

If u need to put a heavy coat of plaster on e g over artex, put some sand (maybe a shovel full) into your 1st coat of multi

i thought thats what bonding had been invented for?? just mix some bonding in with your first coat if you cnt be arsed to float it flat first.
have i missed summit here:confused:

i think this alter ego stuff has gone a bit too far now was funny first few times but now everything and everyone is bloody false.
also if i was dan and i checked in on my site,see how everything was goin and i had loadsa members then later found out thier all the same fcuking person, i would not be happy at all

got few artex ceilings to do is it better skim let it go then skim again or tight coat off bonding then skim or would this put strain on ceiling,
cause ive had artex come down on me

Just scrape, pva/bonding agent & skim it, no need for a coat of bonding unless it's mega thick.

push comes to shove put bonding in with your first coat to help build it out then second coat as normal

push comes to shove put bonding in with your first coat to help build it out then second coat as normal

doesnt the first coat set like fook? when ever i want something to set quick i mix it with something else ie bonding with finnish

doesnt the first coat set like fook? when ever i want something to set quick i mix it with something else ie bonding with finnish

No it doesn't set that quick really strangely enough, gives it a nice bit of body.

danny if ever i have something i need to set quick its one of a few things,, mix bonding with multi if i want a bit of multi to go off quick! mix multi with bonding if i want the bonding to go off quick and if i want either of them to go off real quick i mix them with warm water and the slop bucket together depanding how quick i want it to go off, just like i did when i blocked the vent off for the gypo that i never got paid from this morning:RpS_thumbdn:

Yeah course it goes off a bit quicker but it doesn't flash set. You would easy have time to coat a 20m ceiling and wash out, try it.

to be fair danny id rather just floorscraper it and skim it, sod doing it twice! but if ever I come across a deep artexed ceiling ill think about it, mmmmmm maybe:rolleyes)

did someone else say something?:RpS_confused:

pva leave half hour then scrape,softens and scrapes real nice, i always 3 coat artex,i just put coats 1&2 on together.

If you mix multi with bonding and bonding with multi it makes 2 different mixes :RpS_lol:

correct, youll get better more you read :RpS_wink:

Last edited:
I'll remember that if I want bonding to go off quicker il mix multi with bonding not bonding with multi cheers :)

you got it, but dont use more than 2 hand fulls, your learning now and to think the professionals failed at school with ya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.