Drywall vs Plaster

Members online

There are many factors to consider when deciding whether to use plaster or drywall on a project. It’s important to understand the difference between the two methods and the skills required before making your decision. The property type, budget and time constraints plus the desired outcome will all affect your decision when choosing drywall or plaster.

https://www.plasterersnews.com/drywall-vs-plaster/

Drywall-vs-Plaster.jpg

There are many factors to consider when deciding whether to use plaster or drywall on a project. It’s important to understand the difference between the two methods and the skills required before making your decision. The property type, budget and time constraints plus the desired outcome will all affect your decision when choosing drywall or plaster.

https://www.plasterersnews.com/drywall-vs-plaster/

Drywall-vs-Plaster.jpg
Tape and joint done correctly ie:3 coats and letting dry in between coats its no a bad finish,just all the site monkeys smash all 2/3coats in a day whole house ,then 6 months later all the tapes start blowing and give it a bad name

Tape and joint done correctly ie:3 coats and letting dry in between coats its no a bad finish,just all the site monkeys smash all 2/3coats in a day whole house ,then 6 months later all the tapes start blowing and give it a bad name
Agree it's a great system done correctly. Last big taping job we did we sanded it with a machine that sanded and hovered the dust away .think it was called a portacable but when it got painted it looked the b*ll***s

I like solid walls with sand/cement/lime and multi , anything unnecessarily boarded is not a home its a house

when i go to price reskimming the fan patterns i ask the customers if they have got fed up with the transport cafe look !
Kept a lot of us going covering that shite! And still covering it surprised there's any left!but there's plenty out there.seen some beautiful patterns :LOL:barks my personal favourite! Like someone has used there hand to put it on.

Kept a lot of us going covering that shite! And still covering it surprised there's any left!but there's plenty out there.seen some beautiful patterns :LOL:barks my personal favourite! Like someone has used there hand to put it on.

Seen it all covered it all

204B3F7B-F2A3-4248-9969-C3CB1FBDDDAF.jpeg
9C7BBB36-4580-4682-8968-35D1016EC51C.jpeg

Tbf if am correct bg site book recommendations is for paper tape joints before skimming for best results, being a plasterer myself I’d have to agree that system I’d prefer over tape joint alone

403824A5-D84F-44E0-A686-7B8DCB218BC5.png

The swirl artex in this B&B is making me sick - but not as bad as the cornice running over the window outside, oh, and the anaglypta wallpaper and the bodged join in the coving hiding behind the wooly tartan curtains.

View attachment 35144
The swirl artex in this B&B is making me sick - but not as bad as the cornice running over the window outside, oh, and the anaglypta wallpaper and the bodged join in the coving hiding behind the wooly tartan curtains.
Nice too see they put fresh flowers on window sill though! Get that painting in your suitcase I think it's van Gogh's!:LOL:

AA3823FB-F598-4783-9D81-3A64720C04E6.png

B&B dining room. It’s either panel or dado enriched plaster mounding. Enrichment detail is blocked out with paint over the years and a few dodgy mitre repairs but generally very nice. It’s on a lath & plaster ceiling - I gave it a tap to check...other breakfast people are looking at me - what’s wrong with climbing on a chair and tapping a ceiling ffs.

View attachment 35151
B&B dining room. It’s either panel or dado enriched plaster mounding. Enrichment detail is blocked out with paint over the years and a few dodgy mitre repairs but generally very nice. It’s on a lath & plaster ceiling - I gave it a tap to check...other breakfast people are looking at me - what’s wrong with climbing on a chair and tapping a ceiling ffs.
What are people looking at you for??
Ffs it ain’t as if your putting a level on all the angles checking they’re plum? Lol.

All of the rooms in my house have artexed ceilings in a variety of interesting patterns, and lining paper hiding the dodgy plaster, except the kitchen walls, where you can see the hairline movement cracks go back and forth in summer and winter. The Housing Association obviously thought it was a good solution.
I'm getting up the nerve to cover it without telling them, but they'd like us out, and have just done a detailed computer pictures survey of all their housing stock.
Nothing was said though about the two OSB sheets with old Xmas cards on, hiding the empty brickwork builders opening for a fireplace. There's going to be a stove in there when they come back...

View attachment 35151
51e7a87feeb184ba38bd9b38f2d165a0.gif

I tried to avoid the comb patterns as they were a pain in the neck, easy money was the swirl, stipple, broken leather, figure of eight and sometimes medusa!