Drywall bit

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
What the best drywall bit for impact driver mine is a bit powerful knocking the screws under the paper doin me nut in

I use to use an impact driver aswell doesn't matter what bit you use mate the f**k**s are to powerful I used the makita gold torsion magnetic bit holder it holds the screw in place i only bought it as was sick off splinters off the screws but this reduced banging the screws through the paper as it has a sleeve over the drill bit so there's abit of a guide on how far to screw them up before you go overkill and put through the paper

I use to use an impact driver aswell doesn't matter what bit you use mate the f**k**s are to powerful I used the makita gold torsion magnetic bit holder it holds the screw in place i only bought it as was sick off splinters off the screws but this reduced banging the screws through the paper as it has a sleeve over the drill bit so there's abit of a guide on how far to screw them up before you go overkill and put through the paper
Where you get it from mate have u a link pal

Found it mate do they take the Normal small ph2 bits

Does it not have the switch near the battery?
Iv used a makita impact driver over 12 years never had an issue
Yes its 3 speed the new type number 1 speed is s**t an 3 way too fast i have it on 2 but still powerful its only now an again it pushes through but still annoying

Yes its 3 speed the new type number 1 speed is s**t an 3 way too fast i have it on 2 but still powerful its only now an again it pushes through but still annoying
Might be something with new brushless being too efficient
I overboarded a lime rendered lat and plaster ceiling last week it was a b*****d to get the screws through could have done with extra b*ll***s on impact driver

Get yourself one of these mate.

1607247695168.jpeg

(y)

Just get one of those cheap drywall bits with the plastic end that prevents screw pulling in to far, about a quid.

Used to have a little 10.8v Bosch impact driver which was great for boarding. Nice and light and very controllable.

Mate has a dewalt which I do find is a bit aggressive unless you’re more careful.

Found it mate do they take the Normal small ph2 bits
Yes mate they take any bit,its like the drywall dimpler tony just posted when you put the magnetic sleeve on,you can still pierce the paper with it if your not careful but i found it quite useful as a rough guide when to ease up on the power

I tried one of these designed for drywall and found it naff. Reviews are good and I treated myself at £13
36452.jpg

Wera Ringmagnet. Anyone like it?

Better with a long bar as I said in above post imo

I don't use the black screws because of the splinters I use the zinc plated silver ones