Drying walls

Members online

Vinnyp06

Hi

My internal block walls have been given a sand and cement scratch coat. My plasterer won't be back to put on the skim coat for another 2 weeks.

I'm in a rush to get the walls painted and want to get the walls dry as soon as I can but I don't use heaters or dehumidifiers I'll do it naturally even though it's a bad time of year for it.

Is it ok to start opening windows and doors to start the drying process now or should I wait until the skim coat is on seen as the walls need some moisture in them for skimming anyway?

Thanks

2 weeks. if that is what you have agreed then you will just have to poke up with it. you will not get much drying this time of year just leave it to cure.

Hi

My internal block walls have been given a sand and cement scratch coat. My plasterer won't be back to put on the skim coat for another 2 weeks.

I'm in a rush to get the walls painted and want to get the walls dry as soon as I can but I don't use heaters or dehumidifiers I'll do it naturally even though it's a bad time of year for it.

Is it ok to start opening windows and doors to start the drying process now or should I wait until the skim coat is on seen as the walls need some moisture in them for skimming anyway?

Thanks
We like sharing on this forum vinnypoo.
Pm me pics of your missus for my expert knowledge.

Thanks.

Hi

Thanks
Open em let all condensation out. Plus fresh air will blow covid away