dry lining

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhay

I dont no whether anyone else is finding this but over the past few years alot of the contracters I get work off are tape and jointing most of there site work now. Finding it hard finding commercial internal spread work now. Do ibtry and learn abit of tape and jointing. It cant be that hard can it?

A few of my clients went with Tape/jointing a few years ago but now are coming back to me after having had problems with it

Thats the polite way of putting it. The difference between tape and jointing and plaster is same as the difference between masturbation and s*x. Its a similar result but the standard and process is far superior with the latter

Thats the polite way of putting it. The difference between tape and jointing and plaster is same as the difference between masturbation and s*x. Its a similar result but the standard and process is far superior with the latter
Better than no job

it is a quicker job to skim, too many visits with jointing, and they do not bother to put the seal coat on now.

A few of my clients went with Tape/jointing a few years ago but now are coming back to me after having had problems with it

So you werent very good when you taped & Jointed it then oli................:RpS_wink:

I rekon skim produces a better job surley. Would like to learn abit of tape and jointing tho. But dont wanna take a pay cut

Stay away from it mate as it's not worth it. The only way you would make any money would be if you had all the machines which cost thousands. Very hard to make money on it applying it by hand.

Give it a go Bowhay, but don't do what most plasterers do a trowel it on too thick.. fill the tapered joints and board cross joints just enough to cover the tapes, leaving NO edges, then finish in 2 or three very fine coats, getting a little wider each time, thin, thinner and thinest... absolutely NO ridges, spares the sanding down to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.