Dry lining method

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr rough

Can someone help. I just got this huge bill for damp proofing £8000. Does anyone know a link or info, on the correct method for tanking and dry lining , with timber battens. Is there a tanking solution that's relatively cheap and flexible rubbery and not ruined by say screw holes. Want it dry lined as get condensation with sand and cement in past. Thanks

Can someone help. I just got this huge bill for damp proofing £8000. Does anyone know a link or info, on the correct method for tanking and dry lining , with timber battens. Is there a tanking solution that's relatively cheap and flexible rubbery and not ruined by say screw holes. Want it dry lined as get condensation with sand and cement in past. Thanks
Got any pics?

Cant remember what it was called but soverigns spec had sand cement then a insulation render/plaster which was a bags product ontop of the s and c and is ment to stop the cold spots which cause the condensation ? Somebody else mag be able to help more . Defo dont screw through what ever kind of membrane or base coat though as that defeats the object :)

Wykamol system. You can plug and screw it then dot and dab over it

Cheapest solution is to get someone decent in to do the job!

Egg cup style plastic membrane with mushroom fixings then 50 mm metal stud independent with cellotex, duplex board and skim

Thanks for comments. I didn't write it well. I had a job done where the damp proofer said you can put screw holes through the tanking system and that the rubbery solution sealed around it. He was putting skirting on . I guess he was telling fibs and the s&c wasn't flat.
If you use CLS can you then use insulation board then plasterboard. Or is there not enough airflow. Thanks

Thanks for comments. I didn't write it well. I had a job done where the damp proofer said you can put screw holes through the tanking system and that the rubbery solution sealed around it. He was putting skirting on . I guess he was telling fibs and the s&c wasn't flat.
If you use CLS can you then use insulation board then plasterboard. Or is there not enough airflow. Thanks

He may be on about the mastic that can be used but only when necessary. Def not on lots of screw holes from skirting more for things like pipe work that Coke through the wall and needs sealing!

Right now a couple of questions

1. have you had the tanking done?
2. has it been done by an expert or a builder?
3. is there much ventilation?

Personally I never repeat never drill into any tanking system, if you do that you are just going to void and guarantee you have on the system and you are causing a weakness.
I usually when tanking will render the area, tank it then glue timbers to the areas that a fixing is needed then get some sbr render and put it around the timbers to help it hold then leave it to cure a few days before fixing.

We all have our own ways of doing stuff but I have seen a few plumbers drill into a tanking system to fit pipes and radiator and they void the guarantee.

Get the damp proofers to do the whole job. If not they will always find a way to blame someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.