Dry Lining Joint filling

Status
Not open for further replies.

lozzer345

Never done joint filling before, I have fitted tapered edge plasterboard in the rooms of our house, are there ready mixed easy sand fillers that can do all the coats ie: fill to finish (then sand flat) with the same filler?
If so how many coats/stages, some research seems to say two some, some say three.

Lozzer.

General rule of thumb if its easifil method 2 coats, joint filler and joint cement 3 coats. Dont forget primer if your painting it and sealer if its kitchen and bathroom

Last edited:
Can't afford it at the moment plus the room in question is full of my junk with know where else to store it at present.

Lozzer.
Its a right fu@k about 3 coating tapes and sanding. its just as quick skimming and the materials would probably work out cheaper by the time you buy tape, joint cement,Joint filler, or easi fill, board sealer/primer, hand sander and paper..........IMO. and all the junk in the room is going get covered in dust

Its a right fu@k about 3 coating tapes and sanding. its just as quick skimming and the materials would probably work out cheaper by the time you buy tape, joint cement,Joint filler, or easi fill, board sealer/primer, hand sander and paper..........IMO. and all the junk in the room is going get covered in dust

Hi, yes I understand that but I can't skim and would have to get a plaster in to do it, it would be no fun for the plasterer because with all my stuff in there space is really tight. that's just the way it is hence I want to have a go at joint filling and sanding etc.

Lozzer

Hi, yes I understand that but I can't skim and would have to get a plaster in to do it, it would be no fun for the plasterer because with all my stuff in there space is really tight. that's just the way it is hence I want to have a go at joint filling and sanding etc.

Lozzer

Roger, :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.