Dropping lifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
Evening all were going through a phase of when we drop a lift were having stiffen the kit up is this normal?
weve just had a solenoid replaced which could have been the reason I'm just wondering if it's normal?
if I were to set the mix to how I liked on the ground then pass the hoses up should the mix still be the same but just more back pressure thanks

Hi Mate,

This is normal on all machines. When you drop down the lift I'm assuming you switch the machine off? This will cause a slight settlement in the pipes meaning the first 3-4m you spray will be slightly wetter but will then return to normal.

If you wait a little longer things should get back to normal before you have to adjust

Hope that helps answer it for you

Evening all were going through a phase of when we drop a lift were having stiffen the kit up is this normal?
weve just had a solenoid replaced which could have been the reason I'm just wondering if it's normal?
if I were to set the mix to how I liked on the ground then pass the hoses up should the mix still be the same but just more back pressure thanks

So when you drop down you alter the water setting?

Never had a problem with a ritmo in that situation. Certainly not enough of a difference to make it hard work. Even when pushing it to its limit and spraying at a height of 13m+.

I spray and rule , the machine is not being used for 5/10 minutes ,new one on me ,but what do i know :RpS_confused:

Jenks do you use your mortar pressure guage that is attached to the outlet where the mixed material comes out the machine. How much material hose are you spraying with

I spray and rule , the machine is not being used for 5/10 minutes ,new one on me ,but what do i know :RpS_confused:

Thats hard! Been there but what a panic, spray then put the gun down then rule and depending what time of year and who's material then spat. Always worried that the pipe might have clogged.

We do and try and keep it a bar per m and we use anything from 15 to 30 tbh I think what's been happening is when we're pausing or finishing ruling to drop lifts its either been the solenoid on its way out or its coming out like Ryan says then were stiffening it up and entering the vicious circle
does you're tits in though it takes one wetter bit of spray and you're playing catch up

tell the mush who runs the machine to study the pressure guage for its patterns during start up and running. he will notice that the pressure drops a little bit everytime you fire her back up and you get the bit of wet stuff going through but at the same time he will be first to see that the pressure returns to normal after a few seconds and encourage you to carry on as everything is normal.
You dont need to stop everytime and adjust the water as you will get a wet bit everytime you turn it back on. Tell him to watch the pressure guage and adjust water if he is 100% certain that the material pressure has risen or dropped. It takes about 10 seconds for the mixed material to impact the reading on the guage and so it will take the same time before you see an acurate reading everytime you fire it up between lifts

Thats hard! Been there but what a panic, spray then put the gun down then rule and depending what time of year and who's material then spat. Always worried that the pipe might have clogged.
To be honest mate it is not that bad ,having the g4 loaded up my mate has time to mesh and spray in between ,as a 2 man set up i could not do that with a ritmo

Best i,ve seen is a photo ukplasteringmachines posted think he loaded ten , yes Bob, for our sins mate

Well not to bad if you have a mate that is handy. My lab is as thick as 2 short planks!

Status
Not open for further replies.