Driveway fix-

Zippydragon

Random and not plaster based but got to relay some of my crazy pave drive and there’s a lot of experience on the group. What mix would anyone recommend for bedding the slabs? Cars are going over it. Never done much paving before

Random and not plaster based but got to relay some of my crazy pave drive and there’s a lot of experience on the group. What mix would anyone recommend for bedding the slabs? Cars are going over it. Never done much paving before
Fairly strong dense mix plus a cement sbr slurry painted on the back of slab/paver. no lifters then

How much sub base or hard core is under it, for longevity that's just as important as owt else, if not more so when it's got cars going over it. Ideally you want 225mms well compacted every 50/75mm.

How much sub base or hard core is under it, for longevity that's just as important as owt else, if not more so when it's got cars going over it. Ideally you want 225mms well compacted every 50/75mm.
Jaysus. What's it you drive, a tank?

Jaysus. What's it you drive, a tank?
9 inches of sub base isn't alot, people wonder why drives start to sink and just like everything else if you start out with a solid base your golden. Plus depending on the! Depth of the top soil or tree roots you may need to go deeper. Suppose it all depends on wether you guarantee your work or just offer a break light guarentee.

9 inches of sub base isn't alot, people wonder why drives start to sink and just like everything else if you start out with a solid base your golden. Plus depending on the! Depth of the top soil or tree roots you may need to go deeper. Suppose it all depends on wether you guarantee your work or just offer a break light guarentee.

I was taught 4-6 inches on the basis that if you go for 4 then you might end up with two in places, so better to be a bit generous.

Far as I know, everything we put down is still as it was. Suppose some problem ground might want more.

I was taught 4-6 inches on the basis that if you go for 4 then you might end up with two in places, so better to be a bit generous.

Far as I know, everything we put down is still as it was. Suppose some problem ground might want more.
You were taught?
There won't be a bigger shock today boys. Not even if Jess turns out to be a woman, Tapits tape were to actually work or that Lurpy hasn't been about because he's been busy rendering.

You were taught?
There won't be a bigger shock today boys. Not even if Jess turns out to be a woman, Tapits tape were to actually work or that Lurpy hasn't been about because he's been busy rendering.
Housebuilder though, plasterer by trade originally