Drinking

Alcohol = death. Many to young. Family member found dead on floor at home after a day on lash. A mate died in bed on their stag night. Another got brain damage falling down concrete steps lashed up. Bla bla. I come to the conclusion that some. Not all.. Drink because they have mental health problems or struggle with life so its a form of self medication. I've lost count of the people that died where alcohol was some kind of factor in their death. I drink but only with certain people in chosen places. That's my choice though. Everyone is free too do as they please but if there was 24h drinking 30 years ago like there is today I'm not sure I'd would be here. I do drink alcohol free beers though. I can have a skin full with no hangover and drive. Some nice 0% - 0.5% ales about to.

Last edited:
I gave up the drink about 15 years as the job I was in needed a clean licence and was risky driving the day after and the fags about 20 years too look after my health.

I was quit the fags for 6 years and started again when I started plastering...I've used a drug called champix to quit again same drug I used first time around

The cycle of change, it’s said that if a human decides to stop doing something it can take upto 7 attempts to make the change , worth keeping at back of mind not many people make the change at first attempt, most fail first time then carry on as normal then think of change again then decide to change then either succeed or the cycle starts again

But it’s good to know the cycle sometimes takes 7 goes
I read this on a behaviour awareness course I did in my 20s

4377F535-A3A0-4819-ABB7-5A9B8C881ADD.png

99% of people like a beer but it’s how far you take it is the problem I’m out now having a beer at a party but it doesn’t mean I need to have drink tomorrow to function but I know a spread that was alcohol dependant and now unfortunately can’t speak let alone plaster top spread as well so drinking in moderation isn’t bad just don’t let it rule your life

I've drunk every night for at least 15 years. Minimum a bottle of red or 8 cans.
Try for 4 holidays a year and when we go I like to start at 10.30am straight through...
Tried so hard to stop.

Getting scary liver pains now too but hospital says I'm ok just mildly fatty liver...

Plastering/work is the trigger but the reasons go much deeper.

I need to stop...

I've drunk every night for at least 15 years. Minimum a bottle of red or 8 cans.
Try for 4 holidays a year and when we go I like to start at 10.30am straight through...
Tried so hard to stop.

Getting scary liver pains now too but hospital says I'm ok just mildly fatty liver...

I need to stop...
Sounds like your at the jumping off point of bad health. In saying that its probably a good point to be kinder to yourself.

Tried so hard to stop.

I need to stop...
If you want to stop bit think you will struggle speak to your doctor about a drug called Antabuse....it makes you very I'll if you drink while taking it and you can't drink for two weeks after stopping the drug without having a reaction...takes away your option and stops that 5pm inner argument. You can be prescribed that for a year I think

If you want to stop bit think you will struggle speak to your doctor about a drug called Antabuse....it makes you very I'll if you drink while taking it and you can't drink for two weeks after stopping the drug without having a reaction...takes away your option and stops that 5pm inner argument. You can be prescribed that for a year I think
A friend of mine was prescribed that. You cant drink with it makes you utterly sick if you do.

i like a few ciders mainly at the weekend, used to drink Newcastle brown but it made me argumentative so gave it up

Genuinely thought this was a post about you drinking and possibly ending it - dunno why... Just a general feeling in your posts dude.

I drink a fair amount a can a night... sometimes a few more but don't get drunk that often these days.... I did get twatted on Sunday but I had my reasons

My bro has been drinking very heavily for quite a period of time two bottles of vodka a day plus special brew had to go round to see him to try and make him see sense from his big bro ,so far it seems to have worked and he has cut it down a considerable amount.

My bro has been drinking very heavily for quite a period of time two bottles of vodka a day plus special brew had to go round to see him to try and make him see sense from his big bro ,so far it seems to have worked and he has cut it down a considerable amount.
Good on ya

Thanks wouldnt want to wish this on anyone my mrs family were alcoholics and so was her sister,thats why she is tee total and seen them die a horrible death.So hopefully ive got my brother back.