drill bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer

ive just bought a n insinkerator hot water tap but i need to drill a 30 mm hole through my granite worktop does anyone know where to get a drill bit to do this and should i buy a couple of smaller bits to drill first or should i just bang away with the 30mm

I think this type of drilling will need a diamond core cutter lubricated with water instead of a drill bit,I'd talk to your local kitchen and bathroom place like magnet or howdens.

Try porcadrill or Rubi, porca drill sets are not to expensive about 40 sheets, rubi do individual bits which range fron 15 to 80'ish sheets apiece.
obviously divvint put the drill on hammer and jst keep squirting water on with a spray bottle or the like.

Yep you will get 1 but with any kind odrilling you should always go through with a pilot! unless its shaggin then go in dry just watch the foreskin! You will rip it to pieces good old fashioned spit works well:bananas:

Ive got a nice bit of Rubi kit, It sucks onto the surface and allows the water to stay in like a pool whilst drilling, granite worktop, isnt like a tile tho.. I.d get a kitchen company to do it...

image.jpg

If you only need it for one hole, Black and Decker 310w drill from BnQ ain't bad at £22 . Throw it away when your finished and you're still quids in

Status
Not open for further replies.