Dri coat problem today

Members online

reeves1985

Had a room to sort today that had some damp work done a while ago. 3 walls dri coat where the damp was treated.

It's been stood a couple of 3 months as they had a plasterer in to do a load of work who was with the best will in the world useless
So I got the short stick to re skim all his wank work unpainted (nightmare in iteself)

Anyway they sacked him off when he was half way through their living room so half was skim and half was old walls with dri coat left stood.

What a f**k**g nightmare it was
I couldn't control the suction at all

I was in yesterday prepping and I stabilised 1 wall with cementone stabiliser to see what would happen as it was dry as a bone.

Even that didn't work!

I know your not technically supposed to put anything on it and I've skimmed a lot of the stuff and it's normally great to skim over without anything on it.

Anybody else ever had this?

I got it done in the end with a combination of wetting the wall pva and stabiliser (that was put on yesterday so was set as supposed to be)
But it pulled in way to quick for my liking

The wall that was stabilised shelled on me on the first coat as well!

Can't
hopefully some damp experts will be along shortly to help mate :chica:
Can't understand it mate
Never had a problem with it before even after being left months
Its a new one on me
I had my knickers in a twist for about an hour this morning!
Comes to something when you can't get a 3m wall on before its going off!!
Left myself with a big old set to do after full of nooks and crannies as well around all sorts of crap

Can't

Can't understand it mate
Never had a problem with it before even after being left months
Its a new one on me
I had my knickers in a twist for about an hour this morning!
Comes to something when you can't get a 3m wall on before its going off!!
Left myself with a big old set to do after full of nooks and crannies as well around all sorts of crap
Victorian property ?

Just PVA said area put a coat of skim on then leave it alone...then PVA that skim once dried and pva as you would usualy do...

The cementone stabiliser doesn't kill the suction enough and damping with water is usually good enough if left for 5 days or so with dri coat. As flynnyman says I would microgobetis the lot including painted walls anD skim the lot.

Night mare pal! Normally it's low suction and we would use board finish on dry coat, as it's dpc you know you can't really pva I'd suggest neat sbr it more breathable for dpc too.

Hack off re do and charge accordingly . Why should you struggle with someone else's fook ups.

The cementone "pre grit" I find normally very good
Was surprised it didn't work

The first wall that started shelling on the first coat ended up leaving it until it had turned and using pva on it thena couple of coats and it did the trick

The other 2 walls got doused with water and pva
Not exactly to spec but got the job done
In the end

I would have loved to hack off and re do but I was already knee deep in the room half done and haven't got space to allow a extra day to hack and re float
Not too sure they'd want to wait 6 weeks with a half done living room

So plugged through and got the job done in the end

Was more a question of anybody else experienced it because I certain haven't and as I mentioned I've gone over the stuff quite a lot and have also used board finish on it which I think finisheshe better over it!

Oh and Vince it's not a victorian property

I did
Night mare pal! Normally it's low suction and we would use board finish on dry coat, as it's dpc you know you can't really pva I'd suggest neat sbr it more breathable for dpc too.
Think of that after
But saying that I didn't have any on the van either

Just PVA said area put a coat of skim on then leave it alone...then PVA that skim once dried and pva as you would usualy do...
You sure u ain't my twin exactly what I would of done just a loose one over top of grit let to set then reskim

You can't keep everything on the van pal at hand when not expected. This sort of thing passes me off , working with other people's shat hopefully it's not crazed to much and payment on the way

You can't keep everything on the van pal at hand when not expected. This sort of thing passes me off , working with other people's shat hopefully it's not crazed to much and payment on the way

Once finished was all spot on pal
Full payment and a smile on my face

All this drama while pagey had his feet up
Feet up Friday pal :lol:

The damp game is bullshit forget you can't do this and that because the manufacturer says this or that. You said yourself it was as dry as a bone so you needed to control suction that's where pre-grit comes into its own. If your skimming someone else's work your not guaranteeing the damp job.