drapery texture

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth is that????? Tiger stripes???? That's too easy to achieve especialy in the cold! Give us a clue.

drapery pattern ie..artex is done like this get one 9 inch artex comb ..one artex rose comb..one 3 inch witcherdy grub . hold 9 inch comb in left hand ..rose comb in right hand ..and then insert grub into arse..then just go for it i get perfect results every time :eek:

tex it all said:
drapery pattern ie..artex is done like this get one 9 inch artex comb ..one artex rose comb..one 3 inch witcherdy grub . hold 9 inch comb in left hand ..rose comb in right hand ..and then insert grub into arse..then just go for it i get perfect results every time :eek:

yes i agree this is the only way to do this pattern
but if you can't get hold of the grub try a slug or a worm
still works out the same top results top dollar everyone's a winner ;D

I think spunkys been on the suace......... do you think youd get the same results with a bucket trowe lhandle up ur ass as i think id prefer gerth???

drapery texture is a sand and cement finish done with a stiff broom (25-50mm thick and 150-200mm long)
but i dont know how its done.

james said:
drapery texture is a sand and cement finish done with a stiff broom (25-50mm thick and 150-200mm long)
but i dont know how its done.
if you know this information why dont the person that told you this tell you how to do it

not sure a wooden pole is the best idea :eek: but hey wish my Mrs could do the splitz like that fair play

i will tell you... for internal work you put the finish on thick then roller with a smooth roller to bring it up like a bark finish... then when its setting you flatten the texture in gently to achieve the pattern

in all fairness RS i know what you are talking about it is the laced bark affect mostly used when artexing walls , im not sure if it is what james is on about he said its a rendered finish ??? .

Render Systems said:
i will tell you... for internal work you put the finish on thick then roller with a smooth roller to bring it up like a bark finish... then when its setting you flatten the texture in gently to achieve the pattern

That's called laced bark, never ever heard of it being called drapery texture. If it's a pattern in sand and cement done with a stiff broom it's more likely to be a stipple type pattern, but never heard that called "drapery" either.

Status
Not open for further replies.