down the dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

malc

TPF Special Forces
hi all

i was at the local council recycle center today where i was informed that from april next year that cameras are to be fitted to the entrance gates with a direct link to the dvla swansea. if any business registered vehicle enters the site there will be a fine of £500 imposed.
there is a lot of new regs. on dumping rubbish coming out in april and the cost of skips etc is going to rise.

round here you get 12 tickets that let you into the tip, i think 3 are rubble and 9 are house hold rubbish only, you need to take ya logbook and an household bill into the site to get them, if you dont have your tickets you dont get in!! and its been like that for years

before i started up by myself i had an armchair to get rid of so i chucked it in the back of my bosses van and off we went (his van just fit under the barrier) I slung the cushion in and we was just getting the chair out and hitler came running over shouting you cant chuck that in there!!! I asked him which skip shall we put it in then? he said none cos your not allowed in here with the van pmsl.... i asked how was i suppose to get the chair here then and he said in a car :RpS_lol: i told him to look in the back of the van ffs its a plasterers van and i dont have a car so can i chuck it in the skip? he said no!!! okidoki then ya tit ill just throw it out up Streethouse then!!(a small village near me where loads of people chuck things out lol)

i bloke i know took his old real christmas tree after the season had finnish and the same bloke wouldnt let him chuck it away cos he said it wasnt wood :RpS_lol: he had to take it home and cut it up to put in his bin :RpS_lol:

No different in Kirklees NPS, right bunch of jobsworth wankers. Most of them probably don't know the alphabet.

No different in Kirklees NPS, right bunch of jobsworth wankers. Most of them probably don't know the alphabet.

The lads up wor end seem canny but u always get one bellend. I got a permit to dump my kitchen when we did a refurb on wor house. i rocked up with the units in the van and the bellend accused me of dumping someone else's kitchen. so i started unloading the units in the middle of the parking spaces and told him to dump them as i had a permit with my van reg on stating i could bring the kitchen in my van. soon changed his tune when we started flinging units all over the gaff. Then i reported him to the council for his attitude...........muff my ass skip rat............:RpS_thumbsup:

Why does everyone on here seem to think they should be able to take their trade waste to a dump paid for by the general public?
Hire a skip or a Hippo bag and deal with your waste like most business does.

Who said anything about trade waste?

Up here you can't take the van to the tip at all, even when it's clearly house waste. Why should I have to **** my car up carrying stuff to the tip when I have a van sat here.

I pay my council tax, van tax and every other bloody levy imposed on me. I should be able to use whatever vehicle I want to dispose of house waste.

Why does everyone on here seem to think they should be able to take their trade waste to a dump paid for by the general public?

Cos we were always able to Andy. All I do now is give the customer the option of a skip at their expense or they remove/recycle it themselves :RpS_thumbup:

Cos we were always able to Andy. All I do now is give the customer the option of a skip at their expense or they remove/recycle it themselves :RpS_thumbup:

As do i and they always choose to get rid themselves at the tip free of charge......Its my trade waste but there household waste

Ive just bought a hippo bag for a tenner. Gonna keep it in the lock up and fill it at my leisure then when its full hire a skip for a day and transfer it all over. Works out cheaper than hippo collecting it. I havent got to buy a new hippo bag everytime and theres no rush to fill a skip.

Wait a minute, why did you BUY one?................... can't you get a dumpy bag from the BM for nowt?

i think most people have missed the point. if you take a business regestered vehicle into a public dump you will be fined £500 wheather it is trade or domestic waste. it will not affect me. but anyone vat regestered could get a nasty surprise.

I got banned from my local dump because I errr got "upset" with on of the operatives :- Tried charging me £25 to dump 1 bag of Multi....

So I use to pay my sis £25 to drive my rubbish to the tip :)

Does no one indulge in the age old tradition of throwin your rubbish in someone elses skip! Seems to happen to any skip I get, even when it's full to the top! Turn up in the morning an there's a sofa perched on top with two chairs next to the skip an usually an old tv, table lamp etc!!!! WTF do cants think the skip drivers gonna do?? Put it in his feckin cab!!!:rolleyes)

Does no one indulge in the age old tradition of throwin your rubbish in someone elses skip! Seems to happen to any skip I get, even when it's full to the top! Turn up in the morning an there's a sofa perched on top with two chairs next to the skip an usually an old tv, table lamp etc!!!! WTF do cants think the skip drivers gonna do?? Put it in his feckin cab!!!:rolleyes)

When I was renovating one of my rentals I saved all the rubbish in the garden until all was done and then got a six yard skip in. Well just finished loading it and went inside for a well earned coffee. As I'm standing at the window, one of the neighbours starts piling loads my crap on the already full skip. I just let him carry on and then early the next morning just before the skip was due for collection I piled everything the **** had added to my skip up behind his car. When he came out his face was a picture lol

i think most people have missed the point. if you take a business regestered vehicle into a public dump you will be fined £500 wheather it is trade or domestic waste. it will not affect me. but anyone vat regestered could get a nasty surprise.

Might be different where u live marra but you can apply for permits to dump any household waste up wor way and i use the van which is sign written. Av dumped fridge freezers and sofa's without a fine.maybe its because the north east is one big dump.......:RpS_thumbdn:

as i understand it, this is a national thing not local council. the cameras are being put up by the dept of environment, the councils will not have any control over it.
it is just another way to collect money from you.
as i said this comes in force next april. it will not matter if you have a permit or not if you enter the site in a business regestered vehicle you will receive a fine from the DoE

i never take any of my works sh1t to the tip! but if i wanted to why should i be able to?? I have to cope with all the lorries that come from all over the place some from other countries to dump their shite and we have to deal with the stink and bugs that come when we have a hot summer

wont bother me my van isnt registered to the company (I prob only once a year anyway)

as i understand it, this is a national thing not local council. the cameras are being put up by the dept of environment, the councils will not have any control over it.
it is just another way to collect money from you.
as i said this comes in force next april. it will not matter if you have a permit or not if you enter the site in a business regestered vehicle you will receive a fine from the DoE
dont think theyll be doing permits anymore then

The tip near me is getting worse too.
after stripping all the old plaster off the walls on my stairs and landings, I ended up with 22 25kg rubble sacks. instead of taking them in my van which I thought would cause problems, my neighbor offered to load his car up to take the bags to the tip with me.
we could get 10 at a time in the car, but when we got to the tip for the first time, I found a sign on the rubble and hardcore skip that said you can only dispose of 2 25kg bags of hardcore per household per week. but with my rubbish being old plaster, it had to go in to the plaster skip, but I could still only get rid of 2 25kg bags a week. something to do with the fact that they are only a small site (which they by no means are) I asked the muppet on the site if every house in the area had dropped off their allowed 2 25kg bags of hardcore this week, and if they hadn't then could I have their allowance.

I don't know if this is because they are trying to stop builders using a car instead of a van to take rubbish to the tip instead of paying for a skip, or if they are just doing it to be fussy.
as a result of this, my option was to either take two bags a week to the tip, resulting in my garden being full of rubbish bags for weeks on end, or hire a skip. in the end I ordered the smallest skip I could find, which including vat still cost me £66.
I emptied all the full rubble bags in to it and it just about covered the bottom of the skip.
luckily my neighbor is having the concrete flags in his garden replaced with crazy paving, so he paid for half of the skip and filled it with the old flags and any other rubbish he could find.
what is the world coming to when you can't even get rid of rubbish at the place built to get rid of rubbish.

I had about 5 bags of rubble, drove for five minutes till i found a skip, asked the lads if i could drop them for a tenner in their skip and the lab was over the moon, simple :)

Ok, so you do a small job, 2 empty plaster sacks and a Hawk full of finnish, cant see how you can warrant a skip for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.