dots

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve28

How do you apply the dots to the wall when d&d, I've just seen a dvd where they use a hawk and trowel and apply it that way, I was shown with a bucket trowel where you would get a decent amount on the trowel and tap it quickly and firmly against the wall with the corner of the trowel to get it to stick.
Which way do you recommend?

Iput it on with hawk and trowel but like you do with the bucket trowel some on the corner and tap it on the wall and it sticks much quicker with hawk and trowel.

if you want to use a trowel get the gear on a hawk then take some off with the toe off the trowel (keep the trowel nice and flat to the hawk) now scrape this back on the edge of the hawk , now take this blob of adhesive back off the hawk with the toe of the trowel if this is done right ........stiff gears better you should have a perfect little dab ..........trowels are nice for skirting lines aswell just fill up as norm like skimming , you can get a longer dab like this

trowel, why overcomplicate what is basically a simple task?

I use a guager trowel on the wall, or just dot it on the board then fire it up like that. Drywall adheasive is brilliant.

You wont believe this but about ten years ago i was working a site in the west mids,one of the lads was spanish,watched him dabin one day,mixed his gear up in a tall bucket and he gets out a piece of black overflow pipe say about three foot long ,one end taped up with a hole about the size of a pen drilled in about six inches down from the taped end,dips the other end in the mix,covers the hole with his thumb ,flicks it at the wall,(bit like casting a fishin rod),lets his thumb off the hole at just the right time and well f$$£ me proper dabs on the wall,you had to see it to believe it,i had a flick and was amazed,mind his scimmin was s**t hence the saying ,you rough spanish ba$$$%$d!

You wont believe this but about ten years ago i was working a site  in the west mids,one of the lads was spanish,watched him dabin one day,mixed his gear up in a tall bucket and he gets out a piece of black overflow pipe say about three foot long ,one end taped up with a hole about the size of a pen drilled in about six inches down from the taped end,dips the other end in the mix,covers the hole with his thumb ,flicks it at the wall,(bit like casting a fishin rod),lets his thumb off the hole at just the right time and well f$$£ me proper dabs on  the wall,you had to see it to believe it,i had a flick and was amazed,mind his scimmin  was s**t hence the saying ,you rough spanish ba$$$%$d!  
that sounds fantastic....wonder how far you could fire it?? u reckon u could hit an electrician at 50 yards??
ive gotta have a go at that...when u say black overflow are you talkin about 20mm abs solvent weld stuff (usually white) or more like 68mm downpipe??

40 mm external i think mate , black stuff they use on council mods,from the sinks i think,and yes old pacco could have your eye out from two doors down!

can't wait for my next dot and dab job now, off the the subject, i always tell customers i can only do spanish finish half way through a job, i said a to a fella once, he replied "spanish? finish? thats an oxymoron if ever i heard one" i pissed meself ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.