Dot n dab insulated plaster board

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Drill the hole slightly smaller and the end is shampfered and just compresses as you **** it in. Finishes flush with the board and just scrim over it

Thatl be alot quicker cheers. I also forgot to mention thers shed loads of cables behind wich im worried about hitting when fixing. Its for a mate, hes a sparky so hes gone all out with built in speakers and god knows what else.

if you cant plug and screw you could score the back of the boards, they say the boards can be applied with just adhesive though.

I hate dabbing boards with insulation on the back. I always find the boards have a slight bow in them that is hard to get out

I hate dabbing boards with insulation on the back. I always find the boards have a slight bow in them that is hard to get out

Thermaline Super are less prone to bowing than Thermaline Plus. The insulation is different. They are a bit more expensive though

Completely cover the back of the board (insulation side) with a tight coat of adhesive first then dabs will stick better.

Ah you can dab those foam back ones no problems :) spoke to @knauf about it a few weeks back... they sent me a video on it as well if the op is interested ;-)

Last edited:
It was the thermoline ones reason i asked really is because ive known people to dab them and come off the next day but ive dabed them banged a few fixings in and all skimmed and coved now and all still intacted

is that video up danny ??? would like to view it. a lot of people in Ireland fix boards with the mushroom fixings ,not a lot trust sticking..what about if foil or paper back ,the adhesive is good enough??

Status
Not open for further replies.