Dot & Dabers wanted exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
plenty mate , i work on housing sites all the time ,believe me thats average rate round east mids

grand wizard said:
BDL pay 1.75 and tape and joint 90p m2 with paper tape
I'm charging £3.50 for d&d (labour only) and £3+ for tape a joint, s&f. I'd love some cuntish company like that to ring me up and ask for my rates.

Grand, Burke dry lining are a bunch of wankers and if anyone wants to work for them for them rates good luck to them these companies are getting to big and ruining the industry in London and the home counties its already happened with Bricklayers in London with a couple of big subbies ruling the roost and dictacting the odds all they are is a bunch of gangsters i get £4 m2 for dd

its been the same for years . since the boom in drylining prices have slowed compared to inflation because of the number of "plasterers" around .we see it all the time , for the last 10/15 years kids have learnt to tack, dab and skim in 6months to a year and theyre earning 700/800 a week ,didnt need to learn anything else because they was earning good money ,now because of the recesssion theyre stuck doin the same thing because they cant do anything else! and contractors are exploiting them , its the same in other industries if youve got no other skills youve got no choice!

luiuis i here what you are saying but thats reality on sites im working for 2.75m2 at mo

its a 32,000m2 job but here we go again, offer some work up and all you get is moan moan moan, no wonder all the polish are getting the work, they dont moan, just get on with it and most of the time , make a better job. im not going to bother offering work on here anymore , so when your sat on your arses with no work, because things are slowing down again, you might not want to burn your bridges.

simplybesty said:
its a 32,000m2 job but here we go again, offer some work up and all you get is moan moan moan, no wonder all the polish are getting the work, they dont moan, just get on with it and most of the time , make a better job. im not going to bother offering work on here anymore , so when your sat on your arses with no work, because things are slowing down again, you might not want to burn your bridges.

want me to skim it?

ill teach you how to use the ritmo properly ;)

like i said nick, the r&s has had it so i was up against it. just get fed up with all the 5 boards a day idiots on here complaining and shouting about the rates,

i dont think thats a bad rate considering the meterage plenty to go at and its good solid work for a while if people are offering work its a good thing at least its offered to the forum lads first these jobs are not offered to the people who can earn more they are offerd to people who want to work shouldnt be snubbed

its the third time we have been slagged about rates when we put work up, the funny thing is the ones who jumped on and started shouting how much they get NEVER offer work to anyone on here. f**k**g tossers the lot of them.

every time work gets posted on here people either take the pi$$ or slag it off. come on boys, we must look like a bunch of petulant kids to the public.

I get sick off telling people to leave alone in this section , if you not interested, then don't respond, that goes for any part of the forum that's topic related , Danny created the private section and the talk about owt you like , for havin the crack or a whinge , and yes your all guilty ::) but not me i'm perfect

simplybesty said:
its the third time we have been slagged about rates when we put work up, the funny thing is the ones who jumped on and started shouting how much they get NEVER offer work to anyone on here. (french word)ing tossers the lot of them.
[/ quote] says the man who called me a c**t for working for 2.50 m2 skimming

There a difference to working for a rate grand and paying a rate. but there's jack all in this job for me just thought someone might be looking

fair play to u then rates are rates and i cannot see them going back to what they were the trade has been dumbed down i would rather work than not you can still earn a living and to be fair thats all u are going to do on the tools

I dont think skimming rates will go up a lot because there are to many lads who can only skim and companys will take advantage of that, but people like Paul C who goes out and takes a chance on new products will always earn. also I think spreads like you and us who can do the whole range and can also move with the times and new systems will make good money. There are lads who are sticking 70 boards a day down there so there not making bad money. All were doing is MP75 on the stairs wells

Simply my friend please dont let me stop you posting jobs on this forum i was thinking this was an open forum open to discussion but on reflection this is a section for advertising jobs so i suppose its up to people to make their own mind up so i apologise for my comments it just gets my back up when i see prices which i consider so low being touted. In all honesty if you consider sticking 70 boards a day up for a take home of £112 good money there is no hope for any of us. Prices are a personal thing some people have more outlay than others, bigger mortages etc or like me just like earning good money, i agree the days of mega bucks are not with us anymore but you can still get decent prices just avoid the firms who pay crap money and the finger in the pie merchants. For instance we did a large MF ceiling recently for £6 m2 which is the low as i would go but we got that job third hand so it was a good price in the begining. As for EU workers all the ones i come across who have moved here wont work for crap money and know the right prices for everything, only the migrant workers who rent houses 20 to a house will work cheaper as they live cheap and send the money home so are quite well of which i suppose is unfair competition if you are trying to bring up a couple of kids with a mortage etc.
My mate runs a ceiling and drylining firm and only employs foreign mostly Albanian not because they are any better its just that they turn up every day will work late if needed and wont let him down unfortunately its very hard to find young Englismen that loyal nowadays.

70 boards at 2.5m2 a board (2.88m2 a board ,make it 2.5m2 for waste) =175m2 @ £2m2= £350.00, i know your not gonna do 70 boards everyday but if you done 40 which is not unheard of your earning good money

My mate runs a ceiling and drylining firm and only employs foreign mostly Albanian not because they are any better its just that they turn up every day will work late if needed and wont let him down unfortunately its very hard to find young Englismen that loyal nowadays

that my friend, sums up the the british building industry these days. school leavers want to go to uni to do degrees golf course management or computer game design, they don't want to pick a shovel up.

Simply, ignore my earlier mathematics as i got that wrong so i stand to be corrected if you can average 40 boards a day you are on good money but ive never had a job where you can do that.

£2 is sh1t but its work ........doubt theyll do it for 2 quid again theyve got every other trade covered

shut up spunky or your sacked, been teaching him MP75 lads. if he keeps rulling the stuff every five mins im going to stick the edge where there sun dont shine. ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.