Dot & Dab or Stud?

Members online

RLPD

Hello everyone,

I have a garage I would like to convert into a small room and the external wall is single skin brick...

I would like to know whether to D&D it with 50mm insulation board or timber/metal stud and insulate?

I have the skill set to do either and realise that D&D would be the cheaper option but would like to know if this holds any major cons in comparison to studding it out?

Thanks
Dan

Hello everyone,

I have a garage I would like to convert into a small room and the external wall is single skin brick...

I would like to know whether to D&D it with 50mm insulation board or timber/metal stud and insulate?

I have the skill set to do either and realise that D&D would be the cheaper option but would like to know if this holds any major cons in comparison to studding it out?

Thanks
Dan

its completly up to you.
both is good.

15 years ago i was put on pubwatch for a year so i looked at me garage and did timber stud with 75mm kingspan/celotex and accoustic p/board allround ,basically anything i could get me hands on site (perks) we all do it...bought a pool table ..a couple of cheap bandits..a tv..and made a bar ..wanged in a music system with some decks ....hey presto......the walls and ceiling are still in good shape, best thing i ever did.....the trouble is my eyesight is now to bad to play pool..my hearings going for me decks and my boys were having parties when me an her indoors was away but i beat the pubwatch system.....have fun

15 years ago i was put on pubwatch for a year so i looked at me garage and did timber stud with 75mm kingspan/celotex and accoustic p/board allround ,basically anything i could get me hands on site (perks) we all do it...bought a pool table ..a couple of cheap bandits..a tv..and made a bar ..wanged in a music system with some decks ....hey presto......the walls and ceiling are still in good shape, best thing i ever did.....the trouble is my eyesight is now to bad to play pool..my hearings going for me decks and my boys were having parties when me an her indoors was away but i beat the pubwatch system.....have fun

lol what a story :D

What did you do to get out on pub watch?