Dot and dab window reveals but float and set wall?

Members online

Maxski14

Hi all,

Has anyone ever dot and dabbed a window reveal, but then float and set the wall surrounding the window?
Have seen online that others do this but can’t figure out how or what angle bead to use?

I have a reveal with plastic cavity closers and catnic lintel, so dot and dabbing it would be a lot faster. But need to float and set the rest of the wall.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for all replies :)

we do this all the time.... hardwall wont stick to closers...

dab the reveals to 10mm past the block... that way your clear over electrical boxes and capping..

float it out
then skim angles.beads on when ready to.set

That. Just float up to the board...it's really not a big deal.

we do this all the time.... hardwall wont stick to closers...

dab the reveals to 10mm past the block... that way your clear over electrical boxes and capping..

float it out
then skim angles.beads on when ready to.set
You can do the reverse level it float it then dab your reveals. Dab the board over the level of your floating coat let it set up and cut the board back to level hang your beads and skim.

the mind boggles

Not really...plenty jobs to do that don't need an @algeeman on it.- I bet he doesn't like floating concrete or digging holes or painting. Just need to find customers with a list of jobs rather than ones who've got ten houses to skim out before lunchtime. Do a room here, tidy something up there.

I'm making it my business to look after a big apartment complex at the moment. There's plastering to do and lots of other stuff. Suits me down to the ground.

Last edited:
Not really...plenty jobs to do that don't need an @algeeman on it.- I bet he doesn't like floating concrete or digging holes or painting. Just need to find customers with a list of jobs rather than ones who've got ten houses to skim out before lunchtime. Do a room here, tidy something up there.

I'm making it my business at the moment to look after a big apartment complex at the moment. There's plastering to do and lots of other stuff. Suits me down to the ground.
crack on pal we all have famlys to see to

no beef ffs whats bugging u tonight
FFS
giphy.gif

Personally if I'm floating a job then I'll be floating the reveals as well. It just looks a bit amateurish with boarded reveals. If there are cavity closers that don't look suitable then they get a bit of Bondit/Microfiber is/Blue Grit first. I'll also bed a strip of render mesh into the gear. This sounds like a lot of faff but in reality takes less than a minute for a set of angles.

You can do the reverse level it float it then dab your reveals. Dab the board over the level of your floating coat let it set up and cut the board back to level hang your beads and skim.
why would you? of reveals are set then you have edges to rule off from... you know they are plum.and same margins already set

• Agree
Reactions: Djr