dot and dab onto blockwork ( Porfix)

Members online

Hi all......i am looking at doing some dot & dab with drywall sheets onto internal walls (porfix - thermalite blocks type thing). I believe it is ok to dot and dab onto blocks of this type, but any information to the contrary is welcome. But what I am wanting to do is more than a 'dot and a dab', more like one big dob so to speak that is then spread evenly over the entire surface where the sheet is to be placed. I am aware that the individual dots and dabs provides 'play' to allow adjustment of any unevenness in the wall and the like. Im therefore thinking the complete spreading of the 'dob' would need to be a reasonable thickness to help in providing that 'play' also' The reason i am looking at this way of doing it is i would like there to be a more solid attachment to the wall rather having hollow sections between the dobs and dabs in the usual way. So...is this suggested method feasible?..or am i way way off the mark and need my head read. Any constructive feedback is welcome.
Hi there my suggestion is to hire us with 55 years experience

a heads up to you guys.....outside of this forum, you are known as 're***ds R Us'
1547153259706.png

You sayin there's some where outside of here ........

Joke for you all
What did one re***d say to other re***d ( for record I don't like using that word but will just this once)

Hi all......i am looking at doing some dot & dab with drywall sheets onto internal walls (porfix - thermalite blocks type thing). I believe it is ok to dot and dab onto blocks of this type, but any information to the contrary is welcome. But what I am wanting to do is more than a 'dot and a dab', more like one big dob so to speak that is then spread evenly over the entire surface where the sheet is to be placed. I am aware that the individual dots and dabs provides 'play' to allow adjustment of any unevenness in the wall and the like. Im therefore thinking the complete spreading of the 'dob' would need to be a reasonable thickness to help in providing that 'play' also' The reason i am looking at this way of doing it is i would like there to be a more solid attachment to the wall rather having hollow sections between the dobs and dabs in the usual way. So...is this suggested method feasible?..or am i way way off the mark and need my head read. Any constructive feedback is welcome.

Ye get it . Do ye get it

Joke for you all
What did one re***d say to other re***d ( for record I don't like using that word but will just this once)

Ye get it . Do ye get it

And ******* said 'I'm a cracking plasterer and very good looking too, but let's ask TPF - the mongs.'