Dot and Dab marks on internal walls

Members online

HarryPeacock1

I'm new to this site and came across it when searching Google for the reason why the dot and dab marks have started to appear on my internal walls. The house is a 15 year old semi. These marks have appeared from nowhere and are showing on both internal and external walls. The walls are simply covered with plaster board and have not been plastered. I think the term is 'wet plastered'? The walls have all recently been painted.

I'm not a builder and have no experience of the trade and so I'd be grateful if the problem could be described in lamen's terms.

Can anybody shed any light on what the problem might be and how to go about putting a solution in place.

No mate the term is “ tape and joint “ . Wet plaster is solid float and set . I would guess that the dabs have pulled some moisture through the recently painted walls . I’m sure they will dry out .

Fecking tape and joint s**t. Should just be left for doing office blocks only.
Give it another couple years and the corner tape will start peeling in kitchen and bathroom.
Totally agree . Really don’t see the point in houses . In my opinion it even takes longer and messier

I’ve dabbed my house and you could see the dabs when I painted the walls and they were skimmed . They dried out though

What about DND not sealed at perimeter , void drawing cold air , even internal walls would cool

It’s a semi and they are showing on internal and external walls
Yes mate. Like I said I'm not a builder and have no idea of what terminology you use but I classed the walls into which the windows are fitted as external and the walls inside the house away from those that have windows in as Internal. Thanks for your reply however.

Yes mate. Like I said I'm not a builder and have no idea of what terminology you use but I classed the walls into which the windows are fitted as external and the walls inside the house away from those that have windows in as Internal. Thanks for your reply however.
Any pictures? Also when was the house built? Did you dab onto the bricks ?