Dot and Dab help

Members online

Cara

First attempt at dotting and dabbing. Have all these wires and yellow gas pipe at bottom to work around. Have a few questions if anyone would be nice enough to help.

Do I have to cut back the black DPC sheet at bottom of the wall coming up from the floor before doing the dot and dab, or do I just keep it behind the boards?

The yellow gas pipe looks to me like it has been placed to close to the wall by the builders. Should I just cut a rectangle out of the board to allow the pipe room? Digging floor up to move the pipe isn't an option. All of this will be covered with kitchen cupboards eventually

Attachments

• IMG_20220108_182818.jpg
    IMG_20220108_182818.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 329
That is NOT a DIY project. Get the electrician to fit the cables. A plasterer will board and skim . No plasterer would want to skim suspect boarding.

First attempt at dotting and dabbing. Have all these wires and yellow gas pipe at bottom to work around. Have a few questions if anyone would be nice enough to help.

Do I have to cut back the black DPC sheet at bottom of the wall coming up from the floor before doing the dot and dab, or do I just keep it behind the boards?

The yellow gas pipe looks to me like it has been placed to close to the wall by the builders. Should I just cut a rectangle out of the board to allow the pipe room? Digging floor up to move the pipe isn't an option. All of this will be covered with kitchen cupboards eventually
Yeah cut dpc down cut a slot for the pipe and if I were you I'd dot the boards sideways as you'll probably struggle getting round the pipes coming from the ceiling with all the wires to get through too make the cuts for the wires big
And yeah this ain't a DIY job good luck

walk away m8

Dear Cara, Whilst I admire your optimisim I think someone was pulling your leg about you doing the plasterboard.
At the very least the sparky needs to put some boxes on the wall for you to cut around.
Elite has made some very sensible suggestions, but this has lots of opportunities to be an expensive cock-up that the plasterer will not be willing to put up with, or you get a rubbish job, or both.
Don't dop it, mark up the height of the work surface and where you want the switches and sockets - e.g above or topline of the tileback etc. Then get the sparky back to put them where you want them not him, but do accept advice. Then get your plasterer in.