Dot and Dab Gap

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

john simpson

quick question for a job.
Using insulation boards in an upstairs bedroom with a laminate floor.
Going to scribe the ends of the laminate away to match the depth of the boards/skirting.
Do i need to leave a gap then between floor and board? or just cut them tight and let them rest on the sub floor?
Walls are sound but had wallpaper , would you PVA or Blue Grit? using dry-lining adhesive but a bit worried about excess wallpaper paste etc with the boards being heavy.
Also , should i put a line right along the skirting? with them being for insulation im thinking i dont want too much circulation but that might be bad for the wall or just standard dabs?

Can't make sense of it John?
Is the laminate already down?
If so its not going to move/expand anymore?
Why cut it back?
I always use a packer under the board when dabbing just because it's easier for jiggling the board about.

I'd knock the face off the wall where I was gonna place dabs so no pva needed & dab right along the skirting, then put a few mushrooms in

I'd mushroom the whole slab unless the wall was off plumb,the slab can sit tight on the floor no point letting the heat out through a gap.

Client wants the laminate a few mill out from the wall , what can i do?
Yeah considered mushrooming the whole thing but reckon dabbing will help with insulation
Im wondering about the gap at the floor so i can make it as insulated as possible , someone else said to leave the gap and stick a bit of foam in after.
Im not going to overthink it , i know the guy and just want it to work as best as possible by reducing heat loss.

I'd leave it up off the floor a tad and put a bit of foam in afterwards, although little or no heat is lost at that level.
Laminates are put down half an inch from the perimeter to allow for expansion, if it's been down a while there isn't gonna more expansion so cutting it back is pointless.
A c**t of a job that's pointless, that would break my heart lol

Overthinking it ... Strip the wall ... Cut the laminate back circular saw chalk line multi tool for awkward bits ... Stick the boards on foam the gaps chuck a few 100mm pbscrews in red plugs ... Grip fill the skirting back ... Skim away

Status
Not open for further replies.