Dot and dab arched chimney breast

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

david rossy

Hi, new to site so beg your pardon if my answer is out there and not found it.
I'm going to dot and dab an arched brick chimney breast but only on sides and face, problem Ive got is I've goto use arch bead but how am I going to maintain clean crisp inside of breast as arch bead will be showing inside as I'm only skimming face andI want to keep brick inside as it look so nice ?

I've considered cutting bead down but then edge of plasterboard would be showing! If anybody can help with a solution I'd be sooooo greatful.

Thanks

Why dot and dab and not float and set? If you have a picture of the actual fire place you want to do might be a handy cos your probably get a answer then!

I will get picture sorry did not think, I suggested float and skim but the person I'm doing it for is insisting on board ........ Thanks for getting bk I will upload picture soon as I have one

If you dot n dab the plasterboard will be proud of the wall. The bead you want to cut away will take up the void so just fill in the void and attach bead as normal?.

I would also cut the board short of the edge of the brickwork so the bead will end up against the face instead of its edge.

Would create a nice feature with the edge visible..anyways i know what i mean haha.

Dot and dab is probably not the way I would of gone I would of talked up floating doing the edge finish free hand float and skim same day your have loads of time could even make a profile out of a bit of hardboard or something just to give you a nice sharp edge boarding could cause you a load of grief to get that board nice and sharp but again I know what I mean when I say free hand

Guys thanks alot for ideas, I'm going to go with the board falling short of edge because there adamant they want board and your right the dab will bring it out my head was just frying as ive never tackled one like this lol I'd normally wet plaster it and like pagey said all done in one easy day! Thanks again guys very much appreciated

Good advice on cutting the board back I know it sounds basic but before you bead pva edge of plaster board some don't

Guys thanks alot for ideas, I'm going to go with the board falling short of edge because there adamant they want board and your right the dab will bring it out my head was just frying as ive never tackled one like this lol I'd normally wet plaster it and like pagey said all done in one easy day! Thanks again guys very much appreciated

Get some pictures up before and after :D

Status
Not open for further replies.