Door arch

voodoocars

I know it's a bit 80's but a customer has requested an arch to be put over a doorway.
Whats the best way to go about it?
I can get an arch kit at b+q but would it be easier just to knock a frame up and screw plasterboard to it.. Is there a corner bead that can be curved into a radius?
I normally only ever remove these arches- not put them in..

Both those ways you said are fine . If your forming your own the plastic arch beads are great .b n q sell them and travis perkins . Most decent suppliers got them in

I know it's a bit 80's but a customer has requested an arch to be put over a doorway.
Whats the best way to go about it?
I can get an arch kit at b+q but would it be easier just to knock a frame up and screw plasterboard to it.. Is there a corner bead that can be curved into a radius?
I normally only ever remove these arches- not put them in..
Are you a spread?

Diy , mesh beads ( one side snipped to curve )
The kits seemed to have ribbed wire beads , I may be out of date lol

Both those ways you said are fine . If your forming your own the plastic arch beads are great .b n q sell them and travis perkins . Most decent suppliers got them in
I.m sure b n q dont sell em mate

I'm sure I've seen them in our Manchester branch . Might of dreampt it .lol

If using a bq former, when it's installed attach a plastic flexible skim bead (arch bead) over the top as it's ribbed and looks s**t as it is. Meet normal skim beads on uprights to meet the plastic bead . Sometimes when plastic bead is on the sides stick out a bit (individual little strips) get a very sharp blade and carefully trim them off prior to skimming. This process takes time, price in extra time to get the beading right and keep measuring width to check for uniformity. I find that extra time to get an arch perfect puts people off on price. If that's the case let them get a slap on job from a chav and regret it.

uPVC arch bead and build it from scratch using plasterboard, I built one recently dabbed over block work and an RSJ, can make the curve anyway you please then.

Make a template for the curve though and draw it on both sides, I used a bit of string line attached to the floor for mine as it was a big radius but it was incredibly difficult getting it exact both sides, took a bit of bonding to straighten out.

uPVC arch bead and build it from scratch using plasterboard, I built one recently dabbed over block work and an RSJ, can make the curve anyway you please then.

Make a template for the curve though and draw it on both sides, I used a bit of string line attached to the floor for mine as it was a big radius but it was incredibly difficult getting it exact both sides, took a bit of bonding to straighten out.

This. Make it yourself from scratch n use these beads. Doing one now. Them kits are a f**k**g rip off.

@Ritch wanna come put the beads on and pretend you made it? You f**k**g labourer
A9DC3FA2-CC15-4C9B-BB9F-F2F58C201B7D.jpeg
154529B2-66B5-44E4-8B0E-70A19A08881A.jpeg

When I used the arch kits I filled it all out then still put an arch bead over the lot and plastic skim beads to match up nicely at the joins. Over skim the whole walls rather than just patch.

That's the beads I got. I'm doing it tomorrow and it's only over a single door so pretty straight forward.
I can't believe people still want these things though..