Don't you just love builders merchants!!

Members online

No members online now.

reeves1985

Use jewsons for majority of my gear.
Just gone through my January invoices.
They've over charged me by £100 just in January alone.

Some bone heads getting both barrels in the morning!

Love how they set your terms then charge you more.

I went in for some acoustic insulation last week. As it's not set on account and they had to order in I got a printed price.
Invoice turns up and they've charged me £15+VAT extra per roll.

Funny f**k**s

Use jewsons for majority of my gear.
Just gone through my January invoices.
They've over charged me by £100 just in January alone.

Some bone heads getting both barrels in the morning!

Love how they set your terms then charge you more.

I went in for some acoustic insulation last week. As it's not set on account and they had to order in I got a printed price.
Invoice turns up and they've charged me £15+VAT extra per roll.

Funny f**k**s
That's why I never used credit facilities, no point, can give you more agro and you have to double check everything. I always pay on the spot regardless of size of the job/order.

Thing is cash accounts round here you don't get same rates.
Mind you when they over charge by that amount you paying more if your not careful

Travis are just as bad, don't use them much if I can help it locals owned merchants cheaper and better to deal with.

Only reason I use jewsons is their prices are decent for me and I can roll out of bed straight into their yard

I had the same issue with Dove the other week. Bought a load of drywall screws. Checked the invoice at the end of the month they were charging me a £5 a box more +VAT than the price on the shelf to the bloke who walks in off the street. Been charging me that for months. Got about £80 back in the end. Only use Dove cos it's just round the corner. Minster is way cheaper but it's a canny hike. Sometimes just as cheap to go to B&Q

Thing is cash accounts round here you don't get same rates.
Mind you when they over charge by that amount you paying more if your not careful
Stupid really isn't it? In reality who pays on the spot should get pukka discount instead of giving it to credit facility holders who has delayed payment

This why I have cash accounts with them. They are all told I want thier best price first time or they can fook off. I have also stood at the counter of one after getting a price then rang another in front of them, abviously after I have had a free cup of coffee of them and possibly a pie (y)

Last I been to TP the branch manager was serving he says here's an ice scraper (mid august) I was like, handy to scrape the gunk off trowels as such, when got home I realised that he charged 1.99+vat for it the t**t

You can't beat wickes for bags. £5 a bag when you buy 5 and you get an extra 10% off trade too. I like that in a merchants you can drive in to load up but i can't stand having to waffle to the nob behind the counter for the sake of it.

You can't beat wickes for bags. £5 a bag when you buy 5 and you get an extra 10% off trade too. I like that in a merchants you can drive in to load up but i can't stand having to waffle to the nob behind the counter for the sake of it.
That's why I hate TP, you load up then haggle. Wickes is ok but you have to leg the gear out on ur own.

That's why I never used credit facilities, no point, can give you more agro and you have to double check everything. I always pay on the spot regardless of size of the job/order.
I prefer to have the materials on account with up to 3 months credit and you've definitely got your money in before you've had to pay out. You're not out of pocket on any job then.
Just make sure your prices are out on the ticket so you can check there and then.

Problem with wickes is Yeah prices on finish etc are good when you buy 5 and get your 10%
It is the 10% trade that beats my terms so it's not massively saving. But wickes are now starting to rebound all the stuff with wickes on bag.
Turning up to a job with wickes plastered on everything doesn't exactly say there's a problem here.
It's OK on finish as it's all the same but like adhesive etc it's all knauf gear which is fine but the bags now say wickes!
For that very reason I refuse to buy any of their tools.
I like their wet dry vac but f**k if I'm lumping it around with wickes plastered on it

I prefer to have the materials on account with up to 3 months credit and you've definitely got your money in before you've had to pay out. You're not out of pocket on any job then.
Just make sure your prices are out on the ticket so you can check there and then.
That makes some sense although I still can't see the reason why credit account holders get better prices than cash account ones. I know lot of people prefer credit so they can float multiple jobs

Problem with wickes is Yeah prices on finish etc are good when you buy 5 and get your 10%
It is the 10% trade that beats my terms so it's not massively saving. But wickes are now starting to rebound all the stuff with wickes on bag.
Turning up to a job with wickes plastered on everything doesn't exactly say there's a problem here.
It's OK on finish as it's all the same but like adhesive etc it's all knauf gear which is fine but the bags now say wickes!
I like their wet dry vac but f**k if I'm lumping it around with wickes plastered on it
I only like wickes cos I can turn up late in the evening when my boy gone to bed

Pmsl, what's the difference if a vacum cleaner says Henry, wickes, dyson, Titan, so long as it does the required the job.
Do you seriously think.a customer would think, I'm not sure he is a good tradesman because he shops in wickes and not jewsons or tp lol

Pmsl, what's the difference if a vacum cleaner says Henry, wickes, dyson, Titan, so long as it does the required the job.
Do you seriously think.a customer would think, I'm not sure he is a good tradesman because he shops in wickes and not jewsons or tp lol
Haha no
I'm just not a fan of them plastering everything with the biggest possible logo they can when everything is rebranded

All my beads , scrim etc I get on-line. I went into jewson with a list of every product I use ( wasn't a long list) went into the office and said can I have your best price for each of these on a cash account. Whenever a product came back too expensive I drew a line through it tutting saying "that's ok I'll get that from Travis/build centre" they instantly changed it to match the price I wanted. Don't haggle over the counter, go to the back office and discuss your rates with the sales team, you'll be surprised

You would think the merchants would want cash accounts... cash flow is a lot better

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Wicke were always good for me as well

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Haven't used minster in a while as I set up a ccf account as they beat my minster prices. Anyway had minster rep hassling me for a sale so I said beat CCF on hardwall at 6.08 a bag and I'll have 150 bags, he matched it, so I placed the order with him for his efforts, just got the invoice and it's 6.79 a bag the c**t.

All my beads , scrim etc I get on-line. I went into jewson with a list of every product I use ( wasn't a long list) went into the office and said can I have your best price for each of these on a cash account. Whenever a product came back too expensive I drew a line through it tutting saying "that's ok I'll get that from Travis/build centre" they instantly changed it to match the price I wanted. Don't haggle over the counter, go to the back office and discuss your rates with the sales team, you'll be surprised
That's what gets me
All my prices are set on my terms.
Yet depending on who servers you you get different prices.
I always get the excuse each product can have different codes blah blah

Haven't used minster in a while as I set up a ccf account as they beat my minster prices. Anyway had minster rep hassling me for a sale so I said beat CCF on hardwall at 6.08 a bag and I'll have 150 bags, he matched it, so I placed the order with him for his efforts, just got the invoice and it's 6.79 a bag the c**t.
My hardwall price is terrible compared to 6.08
Think it's about 6.65
Although my finish is set at 4.17 for both was 4.02 before the increase

I used to do that with them aswell but got sick of having to ring them cos they ERM made an error and charged the wrong price, that's why I changed to cash account. I use a tarmac quarry for certain aggregates and had an account with them until I realised they put a£15 admin fee on each transaction, yet go along and pay by cash or card and no admin fee !! Fookers

Come on lads this game is easy
I have accounts with 5/6 different merchants then order from the one giving out the best prices
Buy beads by the box from others then store them away
All businesses need a credit account to operate surely?
Fook going to wickes every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair i guess not everyone has space to store materials, but I agree we bulk buy everything, and save a lot over the year. I couldn't be arsed paying every time I went to merchants we just clear it at month end plus it's better for cash flow.

Come on lads this game is easy
I have accounts with 5/6 different merchants then order from the one giving out the best prices
Buy beads by the box from others then store them away
All businesses need a credit account to operate surely?
Fook going to wickes every day

You lads take note now from Trump Noel Edmonds he f**k**g knows everything better than any of you lot :rolleyes:

I think gregg enjoys nothing more than mincing around wickes first thing, loyalty card in hand!!!

I had a look round the south coast building supplies just opened in andover a couple of weeks ago. Cheap as chips. Hook on beads were cheaper than online. Shame there's no plans to open one in my home town.

I always go to Wickes, buying from Sydenhams, TP or Jewsons is a pain. All the parking is taken by the staff and you have to hunt around for yard staff to get a bloody ticket before you can buy anything. Salisbury is crap for builders merchants.

I had a look round the south coast building supplies just opened in andover a couple of weeks ago. Cheap as chips. Hook on beads were cheaper than online. Shame there's no plans to open one in my home town.
Got two here in Southampton Pug. Ima covers man for most things though

I always go to Wickes, buying from Sydenhams, TP or Jewsons is a pain. All the parking is taken by the staff and you have to hunt around for yard staff to get a bloody ticket before you can buy anything. Salisbury is crap for builders merchants.
Beautiful place though