Dont go fast in a pickup

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pftmonojetman

Private Member
Coming home from work the other day had the back of the pickup loaded with tools and buckets and decided to do 85 down the M6 **** me my buckets flew off the back just saw loads of cars swerving to miss them got a few daggers lucky no cops about ill keep it at about 60 from now on. If you saw 5 connie buckets on the M6 nr Lancaster they were mine.

Why buy one anyway where do you put any lengths of beads, 8x4 sheets etc and without a roof nothing is secure and your kit/material gets soaked when it rains, they look nice but they are not practical are they?

i only would only consider to purchase a pickup. it needs a cover, a hard top just turns it in to a van. easy loading of 8 x 4 sheets, mixer ,sand. a van is hopeless, does not carry enough weight put a half ton of sand in the back it will swim all over the road. 8 x 4 sheets have to be carried on edge if you can get them in. you can never find anything without emptying it.

when i see a trades man in a pickup i think to myself, look at than gimp trying to show off that hes got some cash, bit like seeing the women dropping kids off at school in their big 4 wheel drives, pointsless if you ask me

when i see a trades man in a pickup i think to myself, look at than gimp trying to show off that hes got some cash, bit like seeing the women dropping kids off at school in their big 4 wheel drives, pointsless if you ask me

the pickups that we have are the single cab type not those useless double cabs that you can only put a bucket in the butt

I'm guessing that them that want pick-ups think they're fit for purpose, single cab, crew cab or whatever :RpS_thumbup:

theres loads round here! their all the same they start doing work for themselves and next thing bang a pickup chucked on the drive

Like i said bad move on my part. I dont carry materials anyway just tools and stuff got a van vault on it im getting a van though now i think, once bitten and all that

ive got a nissan navara as well as transits, just depends what you are doing. great for towing, and getting around in winter, and for going to jobs.

Think folks used to get double cab pickups as there was a tax loophole - now since closed I think. Wouldn't mind one myself but not for work (AWD is handy when you live in the stix, especially in winter).

i have one because i have 2 kids and need a work and family vehicle she doesnt drive so my motor has to do both, which it does and ive never had any problems with materials small job i can fit them in big job just get it delivered, plus thier nicer to drive than a giant metal shoe box ive had all my gear and 12 or so bags of multi in the back before

i have one because i have 2 kids and need a work and family vehicle she doesnt drive so my motor has to do both, which it does and ive never had any problems with materials small job i can fit them in big job just get it delivered, plus thier nicer to drive than a giant metal shoe box ive had all my gear and 12 or so bags of multi in the back before
Can't say I've driven one myself but the newer Transits are nice to drive (ones with the stubby dash mounted gear lever). Has a lot of Mondy bits in it I think like the steering wheel and stereo etc. My mate has it at his house and picks me up on a morning so I'm lucky there. I think if I didn't have my Volvo estate I'd consider one for family use plus the odd job.

Think folks used to get double cab pickups as there was a tax loophole - now since closed I think. Wouldn't mind one myself but not for work (AWD is handy when you live in the stix, especially in winter).

nah the tax loophoole is still there,but im a ltd, but hence why they are so popular, plus you can claim the vat back, i give 28,000 for mine but claimed nearly 5 back in vat

after saying what i think further up the thread im driving about in one today :RpS_lol: big white fnckoff barbarian

I know when we picked up a newish Transit from the Ford dealership I was looking round the Rangers and they looked nice.
I've driven the little Transits connects and they aren't bad.

you have to turn the steering wheel 67.5 times to get out of a junction, it was an auto and it was w@nk

the ranger is the b*ll***s mate the guy im working for at the mo is looking at getting one and hes got brochures for all 4x4 pick ups available and the one he wants is the ranger limited, i love my ranger but she will have to go once the other half is driving for a cheaper to run vehicle:RpS_crying:

the ranger is the b*ll***s mate the guy im working for at the mo is looking at getting one and hes got brochures for all 4x4 pick ups available and the one he wants is the ranger limited, i love my ranger but she will have to go once the other half is driving for a cheaper to run vehicle:RpS_crying:

the ranger/ mazda b2500 is a nice vehicle, easy to load if you have to lift a mixer into the butt, not to high like the toyota

the new new ranger is a beast mate its lot higher and longer than my ranger my mate picked his one up today and parked it next to mine made mine look like a baby

i looked into them all and had test drives, before i got the navara, and found that fitted my needs best, ill give you that, the new ranger looks a beast. navara is a really smooth ride to boot, my mrs has a austin allegro , and for my money the navara is a better ride.

Last edited:

What he said.

Mines a Ranger twin cab (not a new un tho) never had any hassle with gear. Boards can get delivered, or for the odd ceiling use 4 x 3's.

Straight edges can ride up front if/when I need em.

Last edited:
i have a 55 plate ranger double cab 6x3's just hang out the back slightly but thats fine cos ill just tie the tailgate down and my straightedges fit in the back if i just put them on top of everything from corner to corner, only thingi will say is there bleeding juicy:RpS_crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.